Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The VegOil industry is a fragmented collection of fiefdoms that wage war with one another over the internet. At best the participants are brilliant innovators, articulate, charismatic, intelligent, and excited about the future and their role in it. At worst they are poor businessmen, unclear about the basics of customer service and responsibility to each other to build a strong industry before the professionals come in to take it over at a federal level.
Read this on another forum site and found it interesting. (and yes, I had to look up fiefdom.... great word btw) The quote was attributed to Cynthia Shelton of the now defunct National VegOil Board. I see a lot of truth in this quote. The greed factor has already reared its ugly head. You only need to look at how suddenly WVO has gone from free to up to $3 a gal in some areas for filtered wvo over a period of less than a year. IMO, as dino prices continue to climb it will only accelerate this industry into federal regulation as eluded to by Ms Shelton. When the government smells money you can bet they'll soon be there to get their share.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Look at Ethanol, that went RIGHT UP with gasoline.... 3.83 i think i heard it was nearby. Think they blame the price of the barell for that (it being $0.06 away from gas)? Psh.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ethanol already has the federal boys with their hands deep in its pocket and strangling it with regulation.

I don't think any of us believe ethanol nor svo is the ultimate answer to our growing energy problems but over regulating it will keep it from advancing towards its maximum potential impact.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Ethanol already has the federal boys with their hands deep in its pocket and strangling it with regulation.

I don't think any of us believe ethanol nor svo is the ultimate answer to our growing energy problems but over regulating it will keep it from advancing towards its maximum potential impact.
Oh yeah, for sure. I think e85 is just ..... wow. In europe they are using GARBAGE, TRASH, RUBBISH, to make bio-diesel ... we are using FOOD to make gas ..... wow. Wow.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
just thought id share. regular gas went to 3.95 here today

·
Registered
4,057 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
your lucky when you do the conversion from liters to gallons we are paying $4.91 here in ontario!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts