Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, this is interesting...I had an oasis report pulled. Seems my truck is a texas truck. Its an early 99, and by late 99, it already had an engine in it. claimed to run rough and idle hard. found a bad injector in it, and also found a piston ring broken and cyl walls scored beyond repair. They replaced engine and it worked ok for a short time. Later on, found little things like glow plug relay not working. But then found all glow plugs bad, and the valecover harness broken, and shorted the IDM. They replaced the IDM and harness and number 3 and 5 injectors again. Then later on, found bad injectors and replaced the engine due to customer complaint of running badly, and rough again. This time they put in a reman engine and that was the last time it was at the dealer. And that was way back in 2001!! Man, did I buy a lemon????? UGH!

Makes me even more depressed about my current situation and problems with it!

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like crap. I have 2200 PSI HPOP on stock setting, tow setting, I only see 1000PSI. Low engine oil pressure, not due to pump, just put it in. Idles funky. Bad dyno numbers. I dunno what to think!!! Oh, I think I may have lost a oil seal ring on my turbo shaft, I am now hearing metal on metal with the turbo comp wheel. I am afraid to look. I just rebuilt the turbo a month and a half ago.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Like crap. I have 2200 PSI HPOP on stock setting, tow setting, I only see 1000PSI. Low engine oil pressure, not due to pump, just put it in. Idles funky. Bad dyno numbers. I dunno what to think!!! Oh, I think I may have lost a oil seal ring on my turbo shaft, I am now hearing metal on metal with the turbo comp wheel. I am afraid to look. I just rebuilt the turbo a month and a half ago.

Wow. Just.. wow.

First, fix the turbo.

Now, on the engine oil pressure.. what psi are you seeing at idle and under load?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when its warm I am seing around 10 PSI. Under load, I am seeing between 20-25. Wot the same, 20-25.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aftermarket gauge in cab. I ma taking readin from the back of the engine next to the bellhousing on the drivers side. theres that plug there ya know?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Check valve is still there. That under the oil filter right?

How do you add extra to see about the pickup?

I dont know about the bearings. Only way to check them is tear down. am I right? willl an oil analysis prove anyhting?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how do you add extra! DUH!

no, what I meant, was how do I do the test? how much do I add, what do i look for?

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Check valve is still there. That under the oil filter right?

By the adapter? I can't remember the last time I was under the truck.

How do you add extra to see about the pickup?

wait.. what?

I dont know about the bearings. Only way to check them is tear down. am I right? willl an oil analysis prove anyhting?

yes sir, and I've never done an oil analysis. sorry.

how do you add extra! DUH!

no, what I meant, was how do I do the test? how much do I add, what do i look for?

And since you made me have a small stroke racing back to proof read what I said.. I'm going to post instructions on how to change your oil.

:thumb:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so Dirk, what do I look for when I add the extra oil. How much should it take when the stick is showing full?

I am assuming when I add oil, my pressure will come up IF my pick up is cracked or shot right? and if not I am back to square one. Oh, do i drain the extra oil out? I dont think it would be good having the overfilled oil in there.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and I do know about changing my oil thanks. HAHAHA!

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
so Dirk, what do I look for when I add the extra oil. How much should it take when the stick is showing full?

I am assuming when I add oil, my pressure will come up IF my pick up is cracked or shot right? and if not I am back to square one. Oh, do i drain the extra oil out? I dont think it would be good having the overfilled oil in there.
If it shows full, add a quart at a time. I've only had to add 2 before seeing oil pressure increase. It honestly depends on where the problem is on the pickup tube.. if there even is one.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gotcha. thanks Dirk! so, what should I see for engine oil pressure when its right?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for ALL your help dirk. If I ever meet you, I am buyin you a beer!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts