Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 6.7L CC 4x4 Lariat (not FX4) on stock 18 inch wheels with the Michelin LTX AT2s (33s).

I would like to use a Carli 2.5" PT and add 35s to my stock wheels. The '11 kit says it lifts the front 4.5" and the rear 2.5". I kind of felt like my truck looks level stock, so I just went out and measured it. 9" between the top of the tire and the wheel well, both front and rear. It is level with nothing in it.

Why are there '11 and '12 leveling kits if they are already level? Or is my truck the oddball?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you have a 250 or 350? If 250, you will need the 350 rear blocks in order to be level with the carli lift.

I had an '11 250 6.2l with the snow plow prep and it sat pretty level bone stock. I now have a '12 350 6.7 FWIW, I ordered the exact kit you are looking at and having it installed tomorrow w/ 35s on the stock wheels, well 295/65/20s to be exact.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Your truck likely has the snowplow prep package which makes the 250's sit level stock.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine is a 250. I would love to see pics when you get it done.
Sure thing. It's at the shop right now, should be done tomorrow and will try and get some pics up here over the weekend.

·
Vendor
2,357 Posts
The 250's use a 2" block in the rear whereas the 350's use a 3 5/8" block in the rear. That's why the 350's have a 2" or so rake and the 250's are pretty close to being level.

When you run the 4.5" Carli systems on a 250 you need to swap out to a set fo 350 blocks for it to be level. Or if you do the full leaf upgrade the blocks are eliminated for either 250 or 350's.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, thanks for the information. I think the various companies that sell kits should note this information in their kits. Maybe they do and I just haven't seen it. I will be getting the Carli when I see they offer it for the '12s.

·
Vendor
2,357 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the information. I think the various companies that sell kits should note this information in their kits. Maybe they do and I just haven't seen it. I will be getting the Carli when I see they offer it for the '12s.
Carli lists it right on their as do we.

* F250's "WILL REQUIRE" the factory F350 rear block to attain a level stance. They are available at your local ford dealer.
Carli hasn't updated their site to include the 12's but the 11 kit is the same. We show it being available on our site:

Carli Ford Pintop 2.5 System

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your truck likely has the snowplow prep package which makes the 250's sit level stock.
Here you go, just got it back last night and spent the morning cleaning her up.....:woot:

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks awesome! Same color as mine, too. I wonder how it will look with the stock 18s I have on my truck.

How do you like the ride?

·
Registered
27 Posts
That looks awesome! Same color as mine, too. I wonder how it will look with the stock 18s I have on my truck.

so far i'm impressed with the ride. it's definitely firm, but well controlled. i think it would look pretty good w/18's and 35s....and will probably ride a little softer than mine with the extra sidewall.

·
Vendor
2,357 Posts
so far i'm impressed with the ride. it's definitely firm, but well controlled. i think it would look pretty good w/18's and 35s....and will probably ride a little softer than mine with the extra sidewall.
Hey John,
The truck came out looking great. What are you running for tire pressure front and rear? I've found that the Trail Grapplers (especially 20" versions) to be very stiff so dropping the pressure down to 40psi front and 30-35psi rear helps out.:thumb:

·
Vendor
2,357 Posts

I think that they look great on the factory 18's. Here is 76Hauler's truck on 37's. On the stock wheels, 37's will rub on the factory control arms but it doesn't hurt anything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey John,
The truck came out looking great. What are you running for tire pressure front and rear? I've found that the Trail Grapplers (especially 20" versions) to be ver stiff so dropping the pressure down to 40psi front and 30-35psi rear helps out.:thumb:
Thanks George!

I'm running about 52/63 front rear in an attempt to keep the TPMS from going off. At these pressures it is a little stiff so I will likely drop it more. Thanks for the headsup....

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Thanks George!

I'm running about 52/63 front rear in an attempt to keep the TPMS from going off. At these pressures it is a little stiff so I will likely drop it more. Thanks for the headsup....
Truck looks beautiful! As George said, the pressures are making it feel stiffer. The smaller sidewall given the 20" wheels isn't helping the ride either but it does look awsome!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks George!

A ford dealer can reset the pressure limits for the tpms if you can find a dealer willing to do it. There is some liability lowering it from factory specs.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Truck looks beautiful! As George said, the pressures are making it feel stiffer. The smaller sidewall given the 20" wheels isn't helping the ride either but it does look awsome!
Is there a noticeable difference in ride on the street from an 18 to a 20" wheel? With a 35" tire....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts