Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive thought about getting the MBRP 3" Passenger Side Intercooler tube. Has anyone used it or know anything about if the really improve mpg and lower egt's? Or is it worth just going with a whole new intercooler? Just looking for some opinions.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Spearco seems to be the really popular choice for full replacements.

·
Registered
355 Posts
ive got the mbrp pipe and spearco ic.....bout 250 degress diff at wot runs maybe a little more temps arent much diff at cruzing speeds though. i dont think it was really worth the 1800$$$$$!!! the pipe i think is worth it as the factory 1 is really crimped.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks jayz for the info and saving me the money for something not worth it.. will the mbrp pipe give me better flow? and is the pipe install simple? and do you have a picture of how it looks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
google it bud look it up for your self i did but still bought it i run my truck hard ive had it at 1800+ more then once fig for me any drop is better then none lol as far as the pipe its nice polished and fits great install is easy look that up too gotta loosein the rad up and take off the black piece that runns side 2 side where the hood latch is (cant member name of it having a brain fart) its easier to cut/trim it with it off and paint it black again as it is aluminum and will show silver where u cut/trim it its not hard by n e means just need a grinder black paint and common tools and bout an hr or so i trimmed alot and put back together and had to remove it again it trim more so trail and trim to fit will b needed

·
Registered
332 Posts
ive got the mbrp pipe and spearco ic.....bout 250 degress diff at wot runs maybe a little more temps arent much diff at cruzing speeds though. i dont think it was really worth the 1800$$$$$!!! the pipe i think is worth it as the factory 1 is really crimped.
The parts can be had for less than that. I think it was worth it. I dropped at least 250 degrees at full throttle with the intercooler, downpipe, and cold side pipe. I am one that believes these trucks should not run over 1500 degrees. I know there are people that have seen 1800+ all the time. That does not mean its good for anything though. I just think its nice to plant my foot on the throttle and not see over 1400 degrees on everything but the 310 tune. I use to hit 1500 by 60mph with the Spartan 250.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Ipkyss,

All that EDE stuff and you're not running one of their pipes!?!?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ipkyss,

All that EDE stuff and you're not running one of their pipes!?!?
Sean at Street Diesel is local to me. I can drive over and look at the product before I buy it. I think his parts are top of the line.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Makes sense. I was just curious as to why you didn't go with EDE for a downpipe as you have quite a lot of EDE stuff on your truck.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone ran the EDE Twin Tube IC Pipe? is it as good as the mbrp 3"? By leaving the stock intercooler and adding a after market pipe how much will it drop my egt's?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
if i get an intercooler i will probably go with the banks unit

·
Served Our Country!
1,414 Posts
The most popular 2 are the aFe and Spearco, Banks is a bit more but these are the only 3 companies who make them, prob why the cost is up there. I know Mishmoto has one in the R&D right now.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
any reason why?
I think its a good intercooler and its cheaper than AFE and spearco. I think any of the three will help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts