Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 97 powerstroke does anyone have information or has anyone put an intercooler in this tuck

·
Transmission or Injectors
743 Posts
I have been looking at doing the same. Here is one webpage that has some good information.

KF's intercooler install

From what I have read so far, the intercooler from a 6.0 is a bit larger, and provides better cooling. You are going to have to butcher/manufacture some brackets and hoses if you are starting right from scratch.

The Banks Techni-cooler looks good on paper, but the price tag is up there.

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
The Banks technicooler looks good on the truck too. I went with it because it came with everything needed an i wouldn't have to make my own tubes. You will pay dearly for it, though. Another option is to just buy the tubes from Banks and use a SD cooler.

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
i have looked at doing it but it is a lot of cutting and moving. one guy said it lowered his fuel milage i dont know good luck

·
Registered
959 Posts
I've done a few of them. Not real hard but a good days worth of work if you haven't done one before. There really isn' that much cutting. Just have to enlarge two holes in the core support. There are other options that are cheaper to install than a banks or hypermax.

·
Registered
226 Posts
anyone that has put a intercooler on a obs powerstroke, has it affected your fuel economy at all?

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
anyone that has put a intercooler on a obs powerstroke, has it affected your fuel economy at all?
I didn't notice much of a difference, other than being able to tow with more throttle.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I will have a used stock intercoolder out of an '03 7.3 in a few days... If anyone is interested PM me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts