Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to put in an intercooler in my 94 f-250. will an intercooler outta a2002 f-250 with a 7.3 work for my truck. the guy is including his pipes,clamps and boots. thanks in advance for feedback

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
yea it will work fine,you'll just have to make mounts for the intercooler,but i dont think the pipes will be the right design,you'll prolly have to fab up your own.

·
Registered
353 Posts
97 is right...the IC will work...But the pipes will not be direct fit...You can either fab your own or get pipes and mounts and boots from a place like Banks or Hypermax

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
The intercooler will work great and you will have to fab up some mounts, but nothing major. The tubes will not work without some modification. You can order the Banks tubes for around $500 that will make it a lot easier.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kind of tweeking for the computer?

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
what kind of tweeking for the computer?

A custom chip would be the best way to go. The tunes can be tailored for your particular mods. I recommend Tony Wildman's tunes.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i already have a ts 6 pos chip in my truck. so you reccomend reburning it?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yeah get it re burnt for the mods that you have. If you are looking for more power and throttle response you should do the IDM mod, its not too difficult.
Good Luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts