Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into an intercooler and i got a question for you guys... If you had the choice between a plastic end 6.0 intercooler and a 7.3 all aluminum intercooler, which would you choose?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im looking at an aluminum one right now, it says it has 98,000 miles on it is that too much?

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
im looking at an aluminum one right now, it says it has 98,000 miles on it is that too much?
Agreeing with the aluminum... mileage shouldnt matter as long as its not all beat up

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
The aluminum tank will be more durable. I've heard rumors the 6.0 I/C has better flow. If you get a used cooler, place it pipes up on the floor, and pour in some aluminum-safe degreaser (like spray nine.) Add water until you see the liquid in the end tanks. Rock the cooler side to side to run the cleaner through the core. Drain and repeat until all the oil residue is washed out, and your cleaner/water mix is relatively clear. Do a couple time with water to rinse out any cleaner residue. stand the tank on end for a couple days to dry out. I had to do this on my SD when the engine started have major blow-by and was being pulled through the intake system.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
7.3 cooler. It is easier to fit also. Mileage dont matter, it has no moving parts to wear out.

I cleaned mine how Alberta said and it worked great.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much harder is it to put in a 6.0 cooler, if i can get one for under 200 buck would that be a good deal?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts