Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this weekend I was given the chance to make a nice chunk of change. I had to mow about 75 acres and got paid $400.

I pulled a 20 ft lowboy with a massey ferguson( i wish it was green:doh:). This has been the first time to pull a load with my TW and Gauges. Well the tranny did real well, and so did the boost, but my EGT's were a little high, mostly when i hit the bridges. It got to 1250 maybe 1275. I think it is high, so i bought am buying an intercooler w/ pipes, for $100. Then I found a guy, with the banks "spyder" system for $40. I think I hit a heck of a deal. So now the fun begins!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Good deal Justin! Your on your way to a inexpensive IC setup.

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
Intercooler pipes....who made them. Banks, Ford?

If your interested in changing out your headlights, now would be the time....it all has to come apart.
I added the 6.0 trans cooler and changed headlights, when I installed my IC.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Intercooler pipes....who made them. Banks, Ford?

If your interested in changing out your headlights, now would be the time....it all has to come apart.
I added the 6.0 trans cooler and changed headlights, when I installed my IC.
The "spyder" is banks and the pipes and IC are ford. It will take some modification, but I have the heliarc rig and tools to modify them

I really want too change them, I am thinking real hard on that right now!

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
On my install, I should have made the holes thru the radiator support alittle bigger. Its tight on the boots. Also replaced the hood latch, in the denter of the rad. support, with a flat piece of stock. I welded a piece if 1" square tubing wirh a 3/4 inch tall nut on top of the frame for the IC support.

The worst part of it all was taking the headlights and header panel off of the truck. The bumper dosent have to come off.

Good Luck with your install......its worth it.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On my install, I should have made the holes thru the radiator support alittle bigger. Its tight on the boots. Also replaced the hood latch, in the denter of the rad. support, with a flat piece of stock. I welded a piece if 1" square tubing wirh a 3/4 inch tall nut on top of the frame for the IC support.

The worst part of it all was taking the headlights and header panel off of the truck. The bumper dosent have to come off.

Good Luck with your install......its worth it.
my bumper will, as its welded to my grille gaurd:doh:

thanks for the support.

So the hood latch is in the way?

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well...just bought headlights too

·
Registered
161 Posts
Have beer handy for the install.

I used Banks piping and a stock SD intercooler. My only regret is that I didn't replace the core support since it was almost all apart anyway.

Oh, and make the holes for your pipes going onto the cooler plenty big...

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have beer handy for the install.

I used Banks piping and a stock SD intercooler. My only regret is that I didn't replace the core support since it was almost all apart anyway.

Oh, and make the holes for your pipes going onto the cooler plenty big...
yes on the holes and no on the beer(not old enough)

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
Congrats Justin... it is one hell of a chore I tell you. Like Chuck said, well worth it though. Expect a few lbs. drop in boost and a cooler egt gauging. Good buy on the parts for that price. If you need any pictures on how I cut the SD pipes to fit, let me know.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I wish i could find a IC for this price lol! Im not familiar with it all to do the install is my only downfall! Once i get my 1's im sure i'll be needing one though haha

·
Registered
419 Posts
might have to drop you sway bar also
???????????????....what :dunno:
Your sig says you have 2wd, the sway bar is probably in the way an needs to be dropped down.
If you want, I have the 2 lowering blocks that came in my Banks pipe Kit that you can have, just pay shipping. They are heavy gauge box steel with the holes pre-drilled. Nothing fancy, you could make the same thing, but I have them already to go for ya. Shoot me an email if you want them: [email protected].

·
Registered
5,229 Posts

thanks for the support.

With my grill guard it was easier to just take the bumber off. The bumber is only 4 bolts easy to get to, the grill guard was 4 bolts impossible to get to.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Sounds like you hit the jackpot!

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts

thanks for the support.

The support for it is not flat, so for a little more room....I'll see if I cant post some pics....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts