Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the part # of the upper intercooler pipes and boots from a 99-2000 f250-350. I have everything else, I hope.:dunno:

·
Registered
959 Posts
There isn't an upper and lower intercooler pipe on the SDs. They are all one pipe. And they don't work for crap on the earlier trucks. Especially if you get the aluminum ones. You'll be replacing them down the road when a hole gets rubbed in them.

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres bound to be a pipe or something. I have an intercooler from a 2000 7.3, and 2 seprate tubes, neither will reach or even come close to the top of the engine. What parts am I missing?

·
Registered
959 Posts
PM sent...

·
Registered
353 Posts
hmmm gts...thinking about selling some kits again???

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
post some pics on what you want to do?? I would use a 6.o intercooler because it is a biger better unit. show us what you do have so we can see what is going on here

·
Registered
959 Posts
Not sure what I can say on here so mods if you don't like it please feel free to delete.

Due to it being a big pain to try to get to where I can work on building the kits I haddn't been pushing them much but due to several e-mails of people asking about them I tried to put together an order. I needed a few kits to be presold to offset some of the cost of getting the volume needed to get a discount on the pipes being bent but only had 2 takers so far which isn't enough. If I had 5 or 6 guys commited to buying kits I'd put together another order and have 10 sets made. But I can't seem to get enough guys to commit.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I can't understand WHY anyone wouldn't want to send you money, for a kit you don't even have in your hands?? To sell them,,, Sheesh,,, that doesn't make any sense at all....:doh::hehe:

I would guess if your in business, selling kits ect... then you need to buck up, and have the money to back your business and have ten kits built for stock...
Trying to Pre-Sell things isn't the greatest way to do it. (Bob Riley did that with his Pulse, I KNOW that was a "Higher dollar" part than a CAC pipe kit... but I don't think anyone is running his PULSE YET,, are they? If so I have not seen any results, or posts of how any one likes them...

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
If you're not making a profit off of it we don't really have a problem with it.

As Jim said though, g'luck getting enough for sales though :dunno:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't understand WHY anyone wouldn't want to send you money, for a kit you don't even have in your hands?? To sell them,,, Sheesh,,, that doesn't make any sense at all....:doh::hehe:

I would guess if your in business, selling kits ect... then you need to buck up, and have the money to back your business and have ten kits built for stock...
Trying to Pre-Sell things isn't the greatest way to do it. (Bob Riley did that with his Pulse, I KNOW that was a "Higher dollar" part than a CAC pipe kit... but I don't think anyone is running his PULSE YET,, are they? If so I have not seen any results, or posts of how any one likes them...
His reputation speaks for it's self.....i wouldn't give him a red penny up front.

·
Registered
4 Posts
His reputation speaks for it's self.....i wouldn't give him a red penny up front.
Same here.I bought a kit about 3 years ago from him,sent him the money and he said I would have it within the week.Ended out taking more like 2 months.On top of that I was missing the clamps and a few boots.A good freind of mine bought his kit also maybe about 1 1-1/2 years ago and was told the same thing.He ended out waiting I think it was 3 months.You shouldnt be in buisness selling product if you cant deliver when promised.DONT FALL FOR THE SCAM GUYS WHOEVER IS LOOKING TO BUY FROM HIM.

·
Registered
511 Posts
post some pics on what you want to do?? I would use a 6.o intercooler because it is a biger better unit. show us what you do have so we can see what is going on here
The 6.0 cooler may be bigger but I wouldn't exactly call it better. And I damn sure wouldn't pre-pay GTS for a kit that XX company makes and he resells it 1-4 months after being paid.

I bought pipe pieces and welded them together. One piece is always better but mine were done in a week or less.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Now that's some funny stuff! There seems to be a TON of missinformation out there! But I guess that's pretty typical for these forums. For starters I've never said I'd have the kit out in a week and it took 2 months. Depending on when the orders were placed if I had them in stock or not would dictate how fast they went out. If I didn't have one sitting there I did NOT say it would be there in a week. When I've done the preorders in the past I've usually if not always given a discount for the inconvenience and have said up front what was going on. I have had some problems with my supplier that usually has the couplers in stock having them on backorder which did push out the time frame a couple times. IF there have been any kits mistakenly shipped without couplers or clamps or what ever they would have been shipped right away and most likely next or 2nd day air if the person called me to let me know they were missing.

Soaggy as much as you'd like to think you know what you are talking about I can assure you there is no XX company that makes them and I resell them. I hand build every kit I've sold. The ONLY work that is farmed out is the bending of the pipes and making the spyders. And at that I have to cut the pipes to length and roll beads on the pipes and spyders myself.

Shelling out a minimum of a couple Gs to have parts just sitting there for something you've been doing more or less as a hobby on the side is a pretty steep order that I just can't fill now. Thus the reason for getting a few guys together initially. And to be honest with not having a garage anymore and having to drive 100 miles each direction to work on putting them together it's barely worth my time. But I was doing it to help guys out that needed kits. I honestly haven't been trying to sell them and don't really care if I do at this point in time. If a few guys get together and want them I'll do what I can to help them out. If not, no skin off my back.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Shelling out a minimum of a couple Gs to have parts just sitting there for something you've been doing more or less as a hobby on the side is a pretty steep order ...
That right there should be enough info to keep anyone with some common sense from trying to get one of your pipe kits.
:doh:
You can't sell a product if it's not ready to ship right now.

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
IT LOOKS TO ME THAT THIS GUY HAS BUILT HIMSELF A REALLY GOOD REPUTATION HERE

·
Registered
959 Posts
That right there should be enough info to keep anyone with some common sense from trying to get one of your pipe kits.
:doh:

:rolleyes: jim any time I've not had the kits ready to sell right now people have known up front the circumstances. When you fill a niche that noone else does they can do one of three things. Be patient and accept the terms and get a quality product, Spend twice as much if not more to go with a complete kit from somewhere like Banks or Hyermax, or build their own. There are a lot of guys on here than can build their own and do. Others don't have the time, tools, or fabrication skills to do their own so they are left with the other two options. I'd love to have 5 sitting on the shelf at all times but it's just not feasable right now.

I think you of all people should be able to relate at lest to the filling a niche part.

Red it would appear only one person in this thread has actually done any business with me. Most of the rest just have a personal issue. There are a good 100+ kits out there and I'd say probably in the 98-99% range in satifactory ratings. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I never said you didn't warn your customers up front. How would I know?
I was just offering some business advice, is all.
I have LOTS of experience in this.
I lost TONS of sales when I did not have a large stock of materials on hand.
Contrary to what you (and/or others) may believe, "I want it, and I want it now" is the ruling consumer attitude. PERIOD.
If you're not able to fill their order NOW the money goes on to something else, and they figure they might get back to you if/when they get more money.

It's not a very good business attitude, IMO, to feel you can control the customer because you "fill a niche that noone else does."

Good luck.

Oh, by the way, I have never said anything negative about your product as I have never even seen your stuff...

·
Registered
959 Posts
Jim you are correct that a lot of people have the "I want it and I want it now" attitude and I've lost sales because of it as well. It's not so much that I am/was trying to control a niche as it is what it is. Take it or leave it. As much as I really don't want it to be that way it's just the way it is at this point in time. It's not a business attitude but rather accepting that I do the best with what I have to work with at the moment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts