Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here sorry if this has been beaten to death. I have a ripped upper boot on the hot side and a cracked cold side pipe. Ford is on back order for god knows how long.

I have been looking at pipe kits. Sinister, Mishimoto, AFE and BD diesel seem to be my options. With BD being the only one readily available rest are two weeks away or so.

I have a stock 06 f250 canned stc tunings (i know they suck).

Opinions?

·
Administrator
30,488 Posts
when you say back order are you refering to the all metal cold side pipe we all upgrade to that was the 03-04 ?

or just the plastic junk is b/o?
unless you want blingy pipes the OEM is fine after you dump the plastic side
then get good hot side boots like Riff Raff or Dieselsite .. and upgrade clamps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when you say back order are you refering to the all metal cold side pipe we all upgrade to that was the 03-04 ?

or just the plastic junk is b/o?
unless you want blingy pipes the OEM is fine after you dump the plastic side
then get good hot side boots like Riff Raff or Dieselsite .. and upgrade clamps
the plastic one was backordered. I dont need bling thats for sure. Thanks will look into Riff Raff or the Dieselsite ones.

·
Administrator
30,488 Posts
so you want to order an 03-04 OEM cold pipe they are metal and come with boots and clamps
they fit right on our later trucks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
plastic sucks lol
yeah i knew the top boot was leaking it was always covered in oil but the plastic pipe was cracked under the air filter. If it wasent for changing the lower rad hose i wouldnt of noticed it till it got bad enough and i lost boost.

·
Administrator
30,488 Posts
they always seem to weep a bit at the boots ( you see a little dirt accumulate on the mist area
and 30 psi is a lot for plastic ,, specially 14 year old plastic

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
I agree with @ZMANN and would upgrade to the metal one for the cold side. However, I still have my old plastic one (nothing wrong with it) off my '05 that i'll send ya if you need something now. You pay for the ride and it's yours.

-jokester

Reactions: 6.0 Jockey

·
Registered
28 Posts
the first two companies listed never get my $$
I understand Sinister but what's wrong with Mishimoto? They've been building parts for a very long time and I've never had an issue with any of their products. They also have a Lifetime warranty.

·
Administrator
30,488 Posts
if you have been on here long enough, you see that "some" companies let the end user be their uninformed non compensated Beta testers
and a lifetime warranty is expensive for your customer when u make them eat shipping and go without a truck while while you rigmarole thru warranty
( also if it was not bought straight from " them" you are dealing with the retailer. and then the retailer dealing with them.

some companies should stick to Ricer accessories and not Heavy Duty USA trucks components
a lot of us use these trucks for more than picking up sushi at the gas station

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
I understand Sinister but what's wrong with Mishimoto? They've been building parts for a very long time and I've never had an issue with any of their products. They also have a Lifetime warranty.
I honestly lost count of how many of threir radiators I went through. On one truck I even went back to plastic tanks when I found a local vendor that sells their stock radiators with a lifetime warranty.

k

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you know
I honestly lost count of how many of threir radiators I went through. On one truck I even went back to plastic tanks when I found a local vendor that sells their stock radiators with a lifetime warranty.

k
Do you know if their newer model (the -60 model number) is better than the older -03 one? Or just stay away from them all?

Reactions: 6.0 Jockey

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree with @ZMANN and would upgrade to the metal one for the cold side. However, I still have my old plastic one (nothing wrong with it) off my '05 that i'll send ya if you need something now. You pay for the ride and it's yours.

-jokester
sorry man just saw this . I ended up with Riff Raff boots for the hot side and found a cold side plastic one till riff raff gets their cold side back in stock.

Appreciate the offer thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts