Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya’ll! I have a 2014 F250 with the stock plastic intercooler pipe. Been thinking of upgrading cold side with a Sinister Diesel one, as it seems the stock ones are know for failing. Anyone had any issues? 143K and original pipe on mine. Granted I don’t tow much and rarley boost over 10psi-15psi

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,108 Posts
i went with ZZ diesels kit but i did it preemptively. you can have my stock ones for cheap if you want extra.

sinister diesel is shunned in these parts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I upgraded mine with the H&S replacement one. I ran my stock one for 38K miles with boost spikes up to 34psi. I do tow 14K once in a while, so I wanted to make sure I have the potential weak point fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
H&S silicone for me, I tow 16k often throughout the spring/summer and wanted it for piece of mind. Really I think you can use ANY kit there all better than the stock plastic crap, I went with the H&S silicone version as it has 1 less clamp then the metal pipe version sold by others but it’s more of a personal preference.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Rudy's off of ebay for a little less than $150. Perfect fit and no regrets!

Tom

·
Registered
266 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy name brand. I took a chance and bought a no name Amazon one. Well getting it to line up was a mess it never would have sealed. The air intake sensor leaked horribly and I was stuck buying a Ford one to get buy. After that ordeal I think the best one would be the h& s silicone because it gets rid of a joint that the metal tubes have so it's alot less likely to leak and much easier to install

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy name brand. I took a chance and bought a no name Amazon one. Well getting it to line up was a mess it never would have sealed. The air intake sensor leaked horribly and I was stuck buying a Ford one to get buy. After that ordeal I think the best one would be the h& s silicone because it gets rid of a joint that the metal tubes have so it's alot less likely to leak and much easier to install
Never had any problems with the issues you say you had with the kit form Rudy's Diesel at a cost that is half or less than the "named brands".

As with any kits that uses multiple metal tubes, you need to have patience and take the initiative to see what needs to be performed and why.

I installed mine in about 2 hours taking my time and making multiple trips to the shed for the next tool. I have been running it for 2 and half years now with ZERO issues. No leaks, fitment was good and all joints air tight and none have blown apart.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I can replace cold side without needing a tune?

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,108 Posts
I can replace cold side without needing a tune?
Unless it specifies that it “Requires custom tuning” then you should be good. I know H&S has both types.
I went with ZZ Diesel. I had issues that ended up being a bad clamp but they were more than happy to help me figure out the issue. Great customer service.

Edit: no tuning required.

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
I will need to be doing this here soon. I lost all my weight around 60k, now I have 110k. I only have a heavy tow tune and I tow quite heavy (from 21k toy hauler to a 43ft eight horse trailer to a gooseneck and 300 bales of peanut or alfalfa).

Cale

1 - 19 of 19 Posts