Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a '93 F-350 IDI dually with a Banks aftermarket turbo, non-intercooled. Can you use a PSD's IC @ all if you can fabricate whatever's needed? Has anyone else done it? Do you have pics?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Yup you can. I know a bunch of guys who have put in PSD intercoolers. Its all custom work. I have a 6.0PSD intercooler thats waiting to get into my truck.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup you can. I know a bunch of guys who have put in PSD intercoolers. Its all custom work. I have a 6.0PSD intercooler thats waiting to get into my truck.
What exactly is custom, FordGuy? I imagine brackets, but is there anything else he'll need? Do the guys you know have any pics of the IC you can post up?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Custom will include moving the grille forward, especially on the 83-86 models. Relocating AC in front of intercooler. Custom brackets. And all of the piping has to be custom made unless you spend $500 for hypermax intercooler pipes, but even with those, if you use a PSD intercooler, it would require some customizing. And the intake hat will have to be custom. My intake hat is a 6.0 PSD intake elbow, with a threaded aluminum piece welded in so it can be tightened down into the intake, and then on the bottom of the intake elbow, I have a propane hat to fit onto the intake.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Custom will include moving the grille forward, especially on the 83-86 models. Relocating AC in front of intercooler. Custom brackets. And all of the piping has to be custom made unless you spend $500 for hypermax intercooler pipes, but even with those, if you use a PSD intercooler, it would require some customizing. And the intake hat will have to be custom. My intake hat is a 6.0 PSD intake elbow, with a threaded aluminum piece welded in so it can be tightened down into the intake, and then on the bottom of the intake elbow, I have a propane hat to fit onto the intake.
Sounds like a little project, but we can definitely do it! Thanks for all the info, FordGuy!:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts