Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Intercooler boots???

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  DuraWhat? 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the Stock intercooler pipe boot/coupler size for an 04 250? I tried to messure it and the one from the turbo looks to be 3" and it's a bent coupler. Right? and the one going into the intercooler I cant get a tape in there to messure it. The one going to the turbo has a small hole in it and I figured I would just go ahead and change them both. Anyone know a cheap place to buy? I found single parts for around $10.00 per to whole kits around $250.00.

#3 ·
I just had to buy a new turbo to pipe boot because mine blew up. I got mine from ford because I needed it quick. It was $63 and there is a short version and a long version. My 03 had a short one but I bought the longer one and it fits better. I'll see if I can't measure it tonight, but I think it was smaller than 3". And yes they have a 45 degree bend in them. And for the intercooler to pipe flex coupler it was like $59 and that one might be a 3" I'll have to check.

#4 ·
Ok the turbo to pipe one is between 2 1/2" and 2 5/8" and the intercooler to pipe is 3". The pipe side of the boot has a little bump ridge built in to it that fits in the indent on the pipe, but mine popped off all the time, so i flared out the pipe and it holds great now. I've bought other silicone tubes for different projects and none of them were as expensive as these are. Just make sure they're strong enough to hold up to 35 psi. I've seen cheap ones expand pretty far on just 5 psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.