Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time has come for an intake. Been looking at the Ford AIS as I'm familiar with these filters because the heavy equipment I work on. But also looked at a Tymar, an S&B, AFE, and riff raft. Whats everyones opinion? Looking to build truck to the 300-375 Hp range

·
Registered
218 Posts
The s&b is very nice if you are not on a budget. If you are then riff raff's 6637 donaldson blue is a great option.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Time has come for an intake. Been looking at the Ford AIS as I'm familiar with these filters because the heavy equipment I work on. But also looked at a Tymar, an S&B, AFE, and riff raft. Whats everyones opinion? Looking to build truck to the 300-375 Hp range
Search: DIY Intake here, best bang for the $
Clay from Riff Raff sells what you'd need for it as well
6637 filter and tubing
I agree for your specific application. The 6637 from riffraff would be the cheapest an meet your needs. I run the AIS intake now and I feel it might not flow as much as the 6637 but I only run a wicked wheel 2 turbo wheel, straight pipe exhaust and rarely a tune for power. I've read a lot how good the AIS filters but when you run hot tunes it MAY not flow as much as the 6637. I love the look and the filters last longer than the 6637's just not as cheap etc.

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Riffraff 6637 with the Donaldson blue works great.

·
Vendor
12,870 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
I love my 6637 from Riff Raff, i have the Donaldson blue. I view that it is better than a standard 6637 because its the "new" " Ultra-Web® nanofiber". I don't have any problems with it on my truck and i have a few mods that require increased air flow and it has yet to give me a problem.
https://www.riffraffdiesel.com/donaldson-blue-6637-filter/

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Had a 6637 for about 7-8 years. Changed it about every 6 months or every other oil change. At about $45 a piece and shipping.....you do the math.

With the AFE, EGT's are 50 degrees cooler when cruising 65. The biggest difference is throttle response.

Even with the 1.0 housing and billet wheel it made everything come alive once I switched to the AFE filter. I can actually pass cars on the highway and you can feel the improvement through the seam of the pants dyno.

It reduced smoke when merging on the highway and makes the truck much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well i hear alot of people say the AFE is better. IDRK, i might have to buy one when this one is suffocated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts