Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know where to get an intake deflector for a 2004 f350? Running in deep snow often.

I've read in several various articles and forums that it highly reccomended on these trucks. But, I can not seem to find one anywhere. Or maybe I am mistaken, and they are recommended for later models F series.

Any opinions and direction are appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
11,057 Posts
Unless you have a ZOODAD mod I can't see where snow gets to the intake housing.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you have a ZOODAD mod I can't see where snow gets to the intake housing.
Hi, thank you. I'm not sure either - I have just read that a few people have had problems with the snow building up on the intake, and plugging it up - not too hard to do if you are in deep powder snow, if it gets upp blowing around under the hood. ????

If I find anything, Ill post it on here.

thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
11,057 Posts
The area that the front snorkel pulls air is pretty open. I cant see it getting packed solid with snow. Post up pics of the area that concerns you may help.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, not that I am worried so much, I have just read several different forums that suggest it. But I'm not sure where to find one, or if it is even required. I would agree it would take a lot of snow blowing around. But I do often get into areas of deep snow, over a foot or more. I'll keep my eyes open, if I find one ill let you know, or if I have any issues ill post them.
For now, I'll just keep operating the way it is and keep an eye on it

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts