Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a Stage 2 with the billet wheel from Adrian and now I'm just waiting for it to get here to install it. Is there anything else I need to install it? O-rings, gaskets, etc. Never messed with the turbo before so not really sure what I need.

I appreciate the help guys.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Just the orings and gasket that go with the turbo itself. Shouldn't have to remove anything else. Please unhook both batteries when you pull out the old one, will pop a fuse if you don't.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks. Do those come with the turbo or is that something I have to get separately?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yes that is the kit, and that is a few bucks cheaper than any of the dealers. I think the gasket alone is $7 or so. When I put my pmax in, I just reused everything as nothing looked in bad shape. Well, the gasket leaked and replaced it. The orings never leaked, but my truck only had 1045hrs on it at the time.

If you can have someone to help you, it makes life way easier. Me and my buddy put my pmax in and all I needed him for was holding the turbo up while I clamped it to the y pipe then pulled it down on the pedestal. After that, it is a one man band.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I used a ratchet strap to go from the y-pipe to the hood latch to pull and hold so I could get the clap on.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
3C3Z-9T514-AG is the turbo hardware kit. It comes with new turbo mounting bolts, drain tube o-rings and the oring/gasket for the feed tube.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I used a ratchet strap to go from the y-pipe to the hood latch to pull and hold so I could get the clap on.
Same here, worked really well. Hardest part was getting the ratchet strap around the y pipe.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Same here, worked really well. Hardest part was getting the ratchet strap around the y pipe.
I just put the hook in between the pipes so it wedged in and the pulled on it.
When I was done I just loosened it and it came right out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts