·
Registered
2,515 Posts
So help me out you diesel heads!!
If I install an '03 turbo on my '06 what can I expect:dunno:
Will I need to purchase a new pedistal:dunno:
What else may I need:dunno:
thanks in advance:thumb:
Yikes! Isn't that a diferent turbo than what was on your 06? Likely will require a diferent EVC program as well. Email ford tech support and ask them. Why would you make this swap is the 03 turbo supposed to be beter?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have heard of a few people doing it with no problems at all. You will need to buy the pedestal for the 03 turbo though. I know Eric (DKR) recently put the 03 turbo on his and I have not heard of any problems from him. Maybe he will chime in and give you his input.

·
Registered
929 Posts
the 03 has alot more whistle and you will see alittle better track times

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Eric noticed a gain of 5lbs of boost. The 03 turbo has less blades in it so you get more airflow and even better top end performance out of it.

You need the turbo, Pedestal, and the hardware kit (only $10) to make the install go smooth.

I am in the process of getting the Pedestal and hardware kit from Ford, should be here tomorrow, and then I can throw the 03 Turbo I just bought on my truck.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My 07 whistles enough as it is. The 03 is better than the later model turbo's then for power?
The 03 turbo has a very distinct whistle that is much louder that the other years. It sounds awesome, I am searching for one right now. Some people will agree that the 6.0's already have enough whistle but the 03 is much louder and gets more attention as well as allows air to flow through it better.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The 03 turbo has a very distinct whistle that is much louder that the other years. It sounds awesome, I am searching for one right now. Some people will agree that the 6.0's already have enough whistle but the 03 is much louder and gets more attention as well as allows air to flow through it better.
Great. Thank you sir, for the info. I learn sumtin new everytime i visit this site.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Great. Thank you sir, for the info. I learn sumtin new everytime i visit this site.
No problem.:thumb: That is what we are here for!

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
FYI - the truck will be slightly laggier but will pull harder top end.

Lloyd if you need help doing it, let me know... you're not too far and I can have her done in a jiffy.

PS - you need the turbo and pedistal and a tune from Eric for it ;)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
sounds pretty cool. Not sure if what i liked about the sound wasn't the exhaust system and not the turbo sqeal
I hear ya. I wanted to quite my whistle down but I guess that won't happen. Kinda too loud for me but oh well. I guess people spend alot of money for that sound for some reason. Mine is just REAL loud. Hard to really get the true sound thru a video. Hopefully I'll get use to it. I've had it for about a month or so. So I'm new to the whole diesel experience but am loving it. I would rather hear more muffler

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know the part numbers of the 03 turbo and pedistal? I plan on doing the swap to my 05. Been calling around and everybody says there are a few different ones and they need the VIN from my truck. Beeing an 05 that doesn't help any. I even went to Ford and told them I needed a turbo and pedistal for a 2003 F350 6.0l Superduty and they still insisted they needed the VIN to get the right turbo. Any help would be great. More top end and a sweet sound is worth it in my books.

·
Registered
38 Posts
what wxactly is the big difference between the turbos, My 04 has plenty of whistle in the bottom end but top end sounds like a straight piped V8 where as my neighbors 03 sounds like a 747 through the entire rpm range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In 04 they changed the exhaust impeler from 10 fins ('03) to 15 fins ('04.5-'07). I think there is also something to do with the VGT controll soleniod but I'm not 100% sure on that.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Does anyone know the part numbers of the 03 turbo and pedistal? I plan on doing the swap to my 05. Been calling around and everybody says there are a few different ones and they need the VIN from my truck. Beeing an 05 that doesn't help any. I even went to Ford and told them I needed a turbo and pedistal for a 2003 F350 6.0l Superduty and they still insisted they needed the VIN to get the right turbo. Any help would be great. More top end and a sweet sound is worth it in my books.
I am not sure of the exact PN for the turbo but I have the PN for the Pedistal:

Pedistal: PN 3C3Z-6N639-BA
List Price: $226.79

what wxactly is the big difference between the turbos, My 04 has plenty of whistle in the bottom end but top end sounds like a straight piped V8 where as my neighbors 03 sounds like a 747 through the entire rpm range.
I believe the blade count goes like this:
03=10
04=12
05+=15

1 - 20 of 31 Posts