Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nice! I did that in my old 7.3.

How much was the visor? Was the wiring already present? What trim level is your truck?

Tom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

How much was the visor? Was the wiring already present? What trim level is your truck?

Tom
Hi Tom the truck is a 2016 XL I had to wire at there was no wiring there and I wired it to an accessory so that there’s no power to it unless the key is in there OK somebody breaks in and I can’t have access to the garage I bought it at Don’s Ford in New York or people have a good day keep it keep that thing they all look like am I love you take care I know you do need tHi Tom the truck is a 2016 XL I had to wire at there was no wiring there and I wired it to an accessory so that there’s no power to it unless the key is in there OK somebody breaks in and I can’t have access to the garage I bought it at Don’s Ford in New York It was $47 and $10 shipping total $57 which is way less than the salvage places on eBay were looking for since the truck is gray I just spray-painted the passenger side with the flat black vinyl and it matched up very close.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Tom
Sorry about that jibber i was using my iphone with no glasses and talking to someone.
My truck is a 2016 xl. I purchased it from Don' Ford for $47 and $10 shipping which is less than one's from the salvage yards. There was no stock wiring so I needed to run wires. I wired it to a keyed power source so the garage can not be opened if the truck is broken into.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thank you.

Tom

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
So you just gave it 12v hot on key and grounded it? I've done a platinum interior swap in my XLT truck, and have these visors and pigtails but just have not wired them yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes I wired it to a keyed 12v source the same wire I used when I installed the backup camera.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts