Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got all my installs done and was going to fire it up tonight butncaxnt get it fire. It cranks fine and fuel is getting into the resorvoir. Here is the list of codes I am getting

*P0046 - turbocharger boost solenoid circuit performance
P0098 - intake air temp sensor high input
P00118 - ect sensor high input
P0198 - eot sensor high input
P0403 - egr valve control position circuit
P0405 - egr sensor a low circuit
P0472 - exhaust back pressure sensor malfunction
P0670 - glow plug module control circuit
P0683 - glow plug communication fault
P2285 - icp sensor low circuit
P2623 - icp regulator open
U0105 - lost communication with FICM
U0306 - software imcompatible with FICM

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
Unplug all the FICM plugs. Remove the FICM and make sure that all the pins are straight and square to each other.
Then, reinstall the FICM. Make sure that each of the three plugs is fully inserted and actually clicks into place and locks.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
Once you recheck the FICM plugs, clear the codes.
It will take some extended cranking to get sufficient pressure in the high pressure oil system. Fully charged batteries are definitely a requirement here.

It is probably best to pull the FICM relay and crank it over three or four times for 30 seconds. Let it cool for 30 seconds between cranks. Then re-install the relay and see if it starts.
When it does fire, it may take a good "beat run" down a highway to purge all the air out of the HPO system, and it may run like crap until all the air is out of it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled the FICM already when I saw these codes and reinserted all 3 plugs. However I did not remove the relay but I did crank it for a few extended periods. Maybe I should charge the batteries up good tonight and pull the relay tomorrow and try again.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
did you turn the key on after you tore it all down? all that stuff is parts you'd take off for the install

clear the codes or do a battery disconnect and try it again

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did a battery disconnect and just tested the starts without the ficm relay in and still no fire.... Guess I will now pull ficm and check pins

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled FICM and all pins were fine. Re installed and tried starting sequence again and still same codes and no start. I followed my way up the wiring harness and checked all the connections and they seem to be ok. Anyone else have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,814 Posts
How about that ground at the rear of the intake manifold on the driver's side? That's my S.W.A.G.-Scientific wild @$$ guess.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Checking everything I unplugged will definitely take a major evening. The ground on the rear of the manifOld was a concern to me also. Last night I took a seperate wire and ran the ground straight to the battery but it didn't seem to helP

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since most of the things showing up are on the same
Wiring harness I was worried it was a master plug on the drivers side

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did some electrical test today and I had no power to he FICM but had power to the relay. Ordered a new relay and will pick it up in the morning and try again.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Good to hear it may have been something easy. Keep us posted on your results.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Relay came in and no bueno still getting a no start. Got the shop guys tracing wires and checking resistance at each plug right now and see what they come up with. Ground on the harness by FICM tested fine also. Someone somewhere is unhappy. Please let me know if you have any input.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Okay, have you re-ran it for codes? If so, what codes return (I saw that you erased them in one of the posts above)? All the codes you listed in the beginning on this thread pertain to a problem with the main engine harness itself. Have you ran an injector buzz test? If so, what were the results? Did you hear buzzes and clickes from all eight injectors? Did you get any injector circuit high/low codes from this test? Have you monitored FICM_M, FICM_L and FICM_V data? If so, what voltage readings did you get while trying to crank the engine over? How about FICM_SYNC and SYNC? Do they switch from NO to YES as you crank the engine over? I see that P2623 was one of your "list" of codes along with a communication loss with the FICM. This points SQUARELY at the engine harness being the culprit. If you want to fart around looking for a problem area in the engine harness by tearing it open, go for it, but I doubt that you will be able to find it.

If you want to change the engine harness, the part number is 5C3Z-12B637-AA for a 2005 engine that has the EBP sensor bolted to a bracket on top of the thermostat. If yours has the EBP sensor bolted to the front FICM bracket, the part number is 5C3Z-12B637-BA (the same as it is for 2006/2007 engines).

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We finally got it to fire and it turned out the harness wasn't seating well now I am trying to figure out a coolant leak. The blue tube that connect the egr cooler to the oil cooler is leaking for some reason. We also had a weird rattle towards the rear of the engine that we are hoping is the heat shield and not the turbo or hpop. Anyone else ever had a odd noise in that area after these upgrades? On top of all of this when I was finishing up yesterday I looked down and another one of my 20 in f250 wheels is cracked. This is the second one I have had crack.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Check the heat shield for rattles, but you may also have a loose v-band clamp. Check your exhaust connections and ensure your downpipe didn't get pushed against the firewall when wrestling to get your turbo installed and realigned.

Also, check the clamps on your hoses to ensure they are in the right spot. If not, they can leak when under pressure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found a freaking vacuum hose cracked in half on the left front hub also.....this thing will be like brand new here soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts