Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is I'm temporarily in a wheel chair and I would like to get gauges but installing them myself wouldn't work out too well for a few months. Is there a company that makes digital gauges or something that plugs into the odb outlet and it monitors everything from there. I saw a new set of glowshift that has a digital readout on it but I've heard glowshift isn't a good company. Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I have the Edge CTS. Plugs into the ODB. It works pretty good.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
For EGT you still have to tap into the up pipe though with all of them. You can get the other readings off the OBDII though with something like an edge CS or CTS

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
419 Posts
What can the CTS monitor? ECT,EOT,TFT, etc????

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the Bully Dog Watch Dog. It monitors more than the computer sends back to it. I have a 2000 7.3. It does pick up boost, speed and RPM for me right now. I have yet to add the EGT probe, but it will monitor that as well.

·
Registered
401 Posts
+1 on the Insight CTS. I've had it for a few months and I'm pretty happy with it. I have it monitoring EOT, TFT, Boost, and Speed corrected for larger tires. All of these are straight from the OBDII port. However, if you want to monitor EGTs (very important) you still need to drill and tap the up-pipe for the sensor. The nice thing with the Insight is that you can monitor a lot of stuff from the OBDII for now, and then when you aren't wheelchair confined, you can add the EGT probe to monitor that as well. Another thing I use my Insight for is a backup camera monitor. It's nice to have that feature too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
+1 on the Insight CTS. I've had it for a few months and I'm pretty happy with it. I have it monitoring EOT, TFT, Boost, and Speed corrected for larger tires. All of these are straight from the OBDII port. However, if you want to monitor EGTs (very important) you still need to drill and tap the up-pipe for the sensor. The nice thing with the Insight is that you can monitor a lot of stuff from the OBDII for now, and then when you aren't wheelchair confined, you can add the EGT probe to monitor that as well. Another thing I use my Insight for is a backup camera monitor. It's nice to have that feature too.
Thanks, my cousin said he could help me install the egt sensor, he has a cummins, but I don't like relying on other people to help out with things. I take a lot more pride into doing something myself.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
make sure it's installed pre turbo and not post turbo like the cummins guys do!!

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I edited that. I've been busy working today and have been misspeaking. You are right, you want it preturbo. Post turbo the temps will be way different and far cooler. Preturbo is what will melt ****... post-turbo is just pooh exhaust coming out of the exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I edited that. I've been busy working today and have been misspeaking. You are right, you want it preturbo. Post turbo the temps will be way different and far cooler. Preturbo is what will melt ****... post-turbo is just pooh exhaust coming out of the exhaust pipe.
Is the manifold cast? I'm guessing the best way to drill it is with a greased bit?

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Yes and yes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts