Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Yeah I broke mine open and I got to that point and then I stopped cuz I had no idea what is holding it in place.....but what ever it is, it has a hellva hold on it

·
Registered
60 Posts
would this run a 6.4L with the same setup as the one you got it out of? I wonder because if you were to take out your factory one and put this one in and program it I wonder if dealer would know when you swap in your stock one again. hmmmm

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
would this run a 6.4L with the same setup as the one you got it out of? I wonder because if you were to take out your factory one and put this one in and program it I wonder if dealer would know when you swap in your stock one again. hmmmm
You've read my mind! I also have the trans computer, and yes it will run my truck.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Very interesting... :nod: These new rigs are so neat and CONFUSING and I love it. So much to learn..

·
Registered
301 Posts
Arghhh: You can' get there from here.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Me either: I was just off a triple shift at work. I read that earlier and went HUH? I think it must have been from something else I read. Sorry. I think the ECU/ECM/ thing is the way to go if you want to maintain any sort of warranty. I think you've probably read some of my other posts?

737tdi

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
No it wouldn't work....I ran this by Mike at KEM and this is what he told me and let me see if I make it make sense.....every motor and tranny is specific to the PCM, thats how Ford programs it, its part of the computer learns how you drive......So if you were to get a new computer and just plug it in nothing would happen because the computer would not recognize the motor or tranny and of course the only thing that can be done to fix that is take it to Ford :nod:

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
both ecms would have to be programmed to a specific truck, but as soon as you unhook it to switch them out it still would leave same code as it does when you changed programs or remove a programmer, so no gains with that swap

·
Registered
281 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts