Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with my turbo set up. I bought a 03' 7.3 with intake, turbo back 4", fass system and 6 position tuner... The guy put a turbonetics ballbuster in it, I need input on whether to get a different turbo or do stage 1 injectors... Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'd run it for now, shouldn't have any issues. Dump the edge tuner tho.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gotta update my upgrades. The edge was dumped and picked up a 6 position tuner.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Sweet good choice. Than you should be alright,just remember you have pmr so don't go to over board on power if you don't want to risk a motor swap. Also look into a valve body and trans cooler if you have an auto.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I need some help with my turbo set up. I bought a 03' 7.3 with intake, turbo back 4", fass system and 6 position tuner... The guy put a turbonetics ballbuster in it, I need input on whether to get a different turbo or do stage 1 injectors... Thanks in advance.

Whats the specs on the turbo and whats it comparable to? The stock turbo can handle stage II's... I'm curious to know more about that turbo, as stage I's will probably be very underfueled as to what the turbo can handle.

EDIT: On second look, it appears the ballbuster can handle 500whp. Which is A hefty set of hybrids. If you have PMR's, I wouldnt' go over stage II's (450whp/900ft-lbs or so when properly tuned).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It said that turbo was recommended for stage 1's... I like the ball bearing style but I want it to spool up faster. I think I'm gonna look into trading out this one for a 38 hybrid... Non ball bearing. Thanks for the replies

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
The STOCK turbo is fine for stage 1's.... that turbo can handle stage II's at least. I'd just run it and not spend money on ANOTHER turbo.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It can't handle "stage 2s" 160/100 or bigger. Ask me how I know, you will destroy it with anything bigger than a "stage 1"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts