Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So that's around 500 miles a tank on a shortbed correct? I'm BARELY getting to 300, and that's with filling 32 gallons into the tank. Average was 450 miles per tank with the canned SCT extreme tune.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
dont go only by the lie o meter, hand calculate for bet results.

Also, if you have larger tires, and your speedo isn't adjusted, make sure you compensate for miles shown vs. actual miles driven, prior to figuring MPG

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont go only by the lie o meter, hand calculate for bet results.

Also, if you have larger tires, and your speedo isn't adjusted, make sure you compensate for miles shown vs. actual miles driven, prior to figuring MPG
I'm going by Miles per tank, I reset the meter every fill-up. My speedo is adjusted to my tire size as well.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
no, unless something is different for the 08^ the SCT cannot calibrate from larger tires and adjust the speedo, it will allow you to enter revs and tire size but that just adjust shift points.

What size tires are you running?

·
Registered
277 Posts
No,,,that doesn't actually correct the speedo,,,it is to tell your tranny to shift at different points to accommodate your bigger tires...

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Added Adjustable Options for:
-Aftermarket Cold Air Intake
-DPF Delete On or Off (Only on OR Versions)
-Speedometer Corrections Due to Tire Size or Axle Change
-Traction Control On/Off
-WOT Shift Points

^^^Taken from SCTflash.com on the new tune revision for the 6.4L Livewire.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
like I said, maybe its different for the 08 stuff, I would suggest getting on the interstate and at a mile marker reset your ODO, then travel 5 miles, see what your ODO shows, vs. what you know you have actually driven by mile markers.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have a GPS that tells me my speed, and the speedo is correct. The SCT does correct the speedo
This is correct. And it is not something new by sct. I loaded up the most current software when i installed my sct back in the beginning of june. I set my tiresize up and found my shift points were delayed and my speed was out by 10% compared to my indash gps. I reloaded it a few times reducing my tire size and got closer but not quite there until I realized that I had to keep it as stock tire size because the dealership had recalibrated my truck with 35" tires as stock.

So those of you saying that sct's tire size adjustments dont do anything for the speedo or the odo are wrong. It does and it has since june if not longer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts