Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed my street tune from innovative and have noticed a "problem" when i go WOT. I'm not sure if this is a common occurence or not. Here's what happens:

At WOT, the boost never goes above 18-20 through the first 2 gears. During this period it feels like it reached a limiter or something because the rpms are jittery till it shifts to 3rd.

Anyone else have this or is this just how the tune reacts to my truck?

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Mmm, dunno honestly. Which tune are you using?

Also goin to forward this thread to Eric at IDP to make sure he sees it.:thumb:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmm, dunno honestly. Which tune are you using?

Also goin to forward this thread to Eric at IDP to make sure he sees it.:thumb:
Just using the plain street tune i got. I had the extreme street tune in before this one and it worked out fine.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
OK, i would reload the Xtreme Street (or any other tune) for the time being if you havent already.

This is the only tune thats "acting funny"? I have gotten a "bum" file before, sometimes they get corrupted in transfer. You can try reloading it through your computer and the SCT and back onto your truck adn see if it still does the same thing.

I sent this thread to Eric, he probably wont see it till tomorrow, but he is pretty good about getting back to something pretty fast.:thumb:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, i would reload the Xtreme Street (or any other tune) for the time being if you havent already.

This is the only tune thats "acting funny"? I have gotten a "bum" file before, sometimes they get corrupted in transfer. You can try reloading it through your computer and the SCT and back onto your truck adn see if it still does the same thing.

I sent this thread to Eric, he probably wont see it till tomorrow, but he is pretty good about getting back to something pretty fast.:thumb:
Ya its the only one that is "acting funny." When i first loaded it on there, i tried to let the trans adapt to the different tune by taking it easy for a while. The first time i went WOT it was pretty bad, but that was a few days ago, and the truck is running a little better now.

I guess i'll go to extreme street for a while then. Can i delete the street tune file out of my X3?

And then load it over again like you said?

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Yes, you can delete the tune out, or I believe just reload it over itself.

If it is not running right, or just not running like you want it to, throw in a file you like, and talk to Eric, he'll get you running right! :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts