Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on one of the websites that they already make injectors for the 6.4 and there are two different sizes, the 60hp and the 110hp. On the 110hp injectors it says that you need NOS to clean out the smoke and I was wondering if they meant if you still had on the dpf or what because I just got my SCT 9621 and dpf delete in on wednesday and I love the tuner but I just want some more power so I'm thinking about the injectors. Does anybody have the injectors and if you do are they good or bad?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey bigwhite7.3stroker, I have seen you truck around sebring because I live in Lake Placid and I just wanted to say that you 7.3 is bad @ss.

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
Hey bigwhite7.3stroker, I have seen you truck around sebring because I live in Lake Placid and I just wanted to say that you 7.3 is bad @ss.
Thanks man pretty cool to meet some who lives so close.

On your SCT who's tunes are you running or is it just SCT tunes?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got my dpf delete pipe and the sct livewire from BADP yesterday and it only has the performance tune on it but it does turn off the regen but I love the programmer especially with the better mileage and being able to throw smoke too.

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
For you 6.4 guys that dpf delete tunes make a huge MPG diff and I might just be brain dead today but who is BADP?

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
I saw on one of the websites that they already make injectors for the 6.4 and there are two different sizes, the 60hp and the 110hp. On the 110hp injectors it says that you need NOS to clean out the smoke and I was wondering if they meant if you still had on the dpf or what because I just got my SCT 9621 and dpf delete in on wednesday and I love the tuner but I just want some more power so I'm thinking about the injectors. Does anybody have the injectors and if you do are they good or bad?
Hey whats going on bud? This is what I know about the injectors. The limits of the stock injectors are starting to be found and it seems to be around and above the 550HP range. Its not even that the stock injectors can't flow enough, cause they can, but they can't atomize the fuel enough at that HP level......there is a guy on here who laid ONE dyno pass at 604HP and close to 1200TQ.....he was running a SCT custom tune from DJ, tranny, TC, 110 injectors, DPF delete, exhaust, and NOS........now he claims that the 604HP number was without NOS, however he also laid down three pass at about the 480-495HP range, with the same set up :dunno:.......here is my point, stock your truck will lay down about 260-270HP with the SCT 125HP tune you'll lay down a stronge 380-395HP number and you can add about 10-20HP depending upon intake and exhaust.....so here is the thing.....those injectors are at 2500 bucks plus a core charge and then you don't want to even what to know what it will take or cost to put them in.......so I would say if your going to be spending that amount of money I would look in to a built tranny :nod:

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Holy cow batman.... that's about $22 per HP and that doesn't include the install.... Damn!!!!!!!

I'm guessing the cab needs to come off to get all of them in??
$22 per HP is even if you get 110HP out if.....and yes you need to pull the cab, at least as far as I know :nod:

·
Registered
279 Posts
the injectors are 1350 and its not the whole injectors, its the nozzles and I hear it aint a cab off job or even that hard... u will need the injects to break 600 wrhp and the trannys are tougher than the 6.0's and they held up @ over 600hp plus a tranny is over 3k and with sct custom tunes comin out the tranny is fully adjustable

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
its good to see someone else from Highlands County on here maybe we can all meet up I would really like to see that 6.4 with the DPF off and tuned

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
the injectors are 1350 and its not the whole injectors, its the nozzles and I hear it aint a cab off job or even that hard... u will need the injects to break 600 wrhp and the trannys are tougher than the 6.0's and they held up @ over 600hp plus a tranny is over 3k and with sct custom tunes comin out the tranny is fully adjustable
You do realize that the injectors are under the valve covers right :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts