Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at stage 1 injectors for my 97 is there anything that i should do to my truck before this swap? and how bad is it to do this job?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
intake, exhaust, gauges, chip. Not to bad of an install at all.

Do you have an auto or manual? The autos dont like to handle the added power for very long. Be ready for some tranny upgrades also.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a built tranny but do i need a intercooler? cuz i hear if you have stage 2s your egts get real high

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what happens if i dont run one? will my egts get to high? or will i not make as much power

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
your egts will get high on hotter tunes and your boost will get dangerously high on hotter tunes

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where is the best place to get everything for my intercooler

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Id get yourself and SD intercooler used and some banks piping from banks directly

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
your egts will get high on hotter tunes and your boost will get dangerously high on hotter tunes
The IC reducing boost will help maintain the head gaskets and motor parts, but it in no way will save the turbo life. The turbo will see the same boost IC or not. The IC will reduce boost at the manifolds but not on the compressor of the turbo. The boost is decreased because of the air running through the IC. If your boost gauge reads at the manifolds (like it should) than the turbo is still seeing higher pressure than that.

Make any sense? The IC will not save your turbo from to much boost. Boost numbers will be different pre and post IC.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now how so you mount the ic in a obs truck is it like the 99-03s?

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
I'll look and see if i cant find my pictures.....
I ordered my pipes from Boyer custom truck....google search them

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do i get the tubes off the 99-03 years? cuz i cant find any for my truck lol

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
The IC reducing boost will help maintain the head gaskets and motor parts, but it in no way will save the turbo life. The turbo will see the same boost IC or not. The IC will reduce boost at the manifolds but not on the compressor of the turbo. The boost is decreased because of the air running through the IC. If your boost gauge reads at the manifolds (like it should) than the turbo is still seeing higher pressure than that.

Make any sense? The IC will not save your turbo from to much boost. Boost numbers will be different pre and post IC.
yeah i guess it does but that IC is still gonna help save the turbo by lowering EGTS, thats the main killer of a turbo right there

1 - 14 of 14 Posts