Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sent my injectors off two weeks ago today and am sopposed to get them bak tomm. going to stage 1 160cc. im just curious as to how many horse power it will give me over stock with my chip and injectors, and also from the setup i got right now to with new injectors?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Every truck is different but somewhere in the 150 hp over stock range.:thumb: that would mean 90-100 hp over just the TW chip.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every truck is different but somewhere in the 150 hp over stock range.:thumb: that would mean 90-100 hp over just the TW chip.
WOW
thats more than i expected. i figured i wouldnt come close to touchin the 300 hp. range. sounds like its rite around it give or take

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so do yall think i would beat my buddys 00" 7.3 with a tw on it
bone stock just tw chip and 4" exhaust auto

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
so do yall think i would beat my buddys 00" 7.3 with a tw on it
bone stock just tw chip and 4" exhaust auto
he's running 140cc injectors i beleive.... with a bigger turbo and bigger oil that you have so his TW is going to do a lot more on his stock truck that it did on your stock truck....

That being said if you have a solid tranny that can handle your chip on extreme or street without slipping you should beat him! And black him out while your at it :)

(you did get your chip re tuned for the injectors right)

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
the OBS has a bigger turbo, but not bigger oil

you'll beat him
How come the OBS has a bigger turbo if it has smaller oil and injectors?? Whats the benefit of putting a SD turbo on an OBS if the stock OBS one is bigger?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
How come the OBS has a bigger turbo if it has smaller oil and injectors?? Whats the benefit of putting a SD turbo on an OBS if the stock OBS one is bigger?
SDs went to a smaller exhaust housing to spool up quicker.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
SDs went to a smaller exhaust housing to spool up quicker.
So despite being smaller its still giving more power??? Im confused lol, i thought on turbos more air was better lol!

The smaller exhaust housing gets it to spool quicker but once its spooled up is it giving as much power as the OBS turbo once its spooled up?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes im gettin my chip re burned
and he is basicly getting the same chip as mine
so my truck- 95" 4x4 single cab 5spd tw chip intake exhaust and stage 1's vs a 00" auto 4x4 ext. cab with tony wildman chip and exhaust
and my truck should win?
im not positive but i thought the 99-03 7.3 had 120cc's idr maybe its 140cc

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
yes im gettin my chip re burned
and he is basicly getting the same chip as mine
so my truck- 95" 4x4 single cab 5spd tw chip intake exhaust and stage 1's vs a 00" auto 4x4 ext. cab with tony wildman chip and exhaust
and my truck should win?
im not positive but i thought the 99-03 7.3 had 120cc's idr maybe its 140cc
the early 99's had the 120cc is what i think i learned! Someone might need to correct me though..... And it depends how well you shift lol... a good solid auto shifts much better (and smarter when tuned) than any human can do manually....
So the 5spd part is your on disadvantage!!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
the early 99's had the 120cc is what i think i learned! Someone might need to correct me though..... And it depends how well you shift lol... a good solid auto shifts much better (and smarter when tuned) than any human can do manually....
So the 5spd part is your on disadvantage!!
Yes e99 are 120cc.

Also it all depends on your shifts. Thats the only thing holding you back, if it was auto vs. auto, you would beat him for sure.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
he has pulled with it a few times (sled) and had a 1k resistor on it and ran his truck with a 2.2k resistor on it for forever
his truck has 215k miles on the stock trans, just had engine rebuilt (long story dont ask lol)
so to make a long story short hes dogged the pi$$ out of it and the trans slips pretty bad. never felf a super bad transmission slipping but his was obvious wen i drove it
u could feel it somethan awfull

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
yea I know, really doesnt make sense. I swapped housings to a smaller .84, which is what the superduties have. Spools up way quicker.

The OBS still has a bigger compressor housing too

So, if your planning on bigger injectors, leave your 1.15 housing on. If not, the .84 housing is better matched for an OBS with stock injectors. Makes a huge difference

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
also wat bout a 50 mph punch if i start it 4th and shift to fifth would i win then????
what gear ratio do you have? I'm guessing 3.73

I'd do a 55mph roll, in 4th gear. You should be mid-range through the rpms. Mat it, and run that gear out hard. No way he'll catch you

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
So despite being smaller its still giving more power??? Im confused lol, i thought on turbos more air was better lol!

The smaller exhaust housing gets it to spool quicker but once its spooled up is it giving as much power as the OBS turbo once its spooled up?
reducing the lag with a smaller housing makes a noticable difference on bottom end power. The SD turbo is still capable of building around 30psi just fine so it can still get the air to the motor in high boost ranges.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what gear ratio do you have? I'm guessing 3.73

I'd do a 55mph roll, in 4th gear. You should be mid-range through the rpms. Mat it, and run that gear out hard. No way he'll catch you
not sure what my gear ratio is
if it gives you an idea, cruising at 55mph it runs rite at 2000rpms:crazy:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
not sure what my gear ratio is
if it gives you an idea, cruising at 55mph it runs rite at 2000rpms:crazy:
That would mean 4.10s.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so still run in 4th gear? oh well if he wins he wins but im sure i will give him a run for his money
am i going to see much of a diff. in smoke? lol

1 - 20 of 89 Posts