Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it necessary to do stand pipes and dummy plugs when doing injectors? Just bought some injectors and was reading about people doing them all at once. Thanks.

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,512 Posts
Not necessary, just saves time if they do end up failing in the future.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not necessary, just saves time if they do end up failing in the future.

Ok thanks. So I bought my truck already studded and supposedly new head gaskets were installed. If that was done, would they have most likely done the updated ones already? Also, is there any way to tell just by looking? I really don't want to spend any more money than I have to here. If they're already done, I'd be wasting money.

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,512 Posts
The updated ones have a teflon/plastic white ring next to the o rings and will be a 12mm allen socket. Them being replaced with heads just depends on who did the job.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The updated ones have a teflon/plastic white ring next to the o rings and will be a 12mm allen socket. Them being replaced with heads just depends on who did the job.

I wound up having the 12mm allen "updated ones", but I bought new ones before I knew that and threw them in anyway. Figured I was already there so it couldn't hurt to replace them again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts