Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a good set of injectors?? looking to add alot of power.. and i need a turbo to spool it up.. i dont know if i want to do twins.. i rather a single..

i dont have the truck yet. im going to buy it soon though... its a 99.. it already has an aftermarket turbo but it only holds 450-500 hp.... the egt's get 1100.. it has a bully dog and k&n intake...

162k miles...

so thanks for all the help in advance

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
what is a good set of injectors?? looking to add alot of power.. and i need a turbo to spool it up.. i dont know if i want to do twins.. i rather a single..

i dont have the truck yet. im going to buy it soon though... its a 99.. it already has an aftermarket turbo but it only holds 450-500 hp.... the egt's get 1100.. it has a bully dog and k&n intake...

162k miles...

so thanks for all the help in advance

is it a late or early 99? what else do you have done to it? those egts are good

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
450-500 is very stout for a forged rod 7.3L... EGT's at only 1100? That's super low too. Sounds like its a good build. If you want a lot more than that I hope your checkbook is fully loaded, because you're going to spend it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
450 - 500 with a bully dog?????

i think someones blowing some smoke up your tail pipe..
there will be quite a list of mods done to that truck to pull down those #s

·
Registered
959 Posts
450-500 is very stout for a forged rod 7.3L... EGT's at only 1100? That's super low too. Sounds like its a good build. If you want a lot more than that I hope your checkbook is fully loaded, because you're going to spend it.

Yeah you can keep EGTs down like that with stock injectors and with the probe in the down pipe!:doh:

If it's already got an aftermarket turbo it's probably a drop in like a GTP38R or a Turbonetics or equivilant. If you want something that is actually going to handle the 450-500hp range efficiently go for the H2E kit from Hypermax or give *** a call and get one of their turbos that mounts on the Hypermax mounting kit.

The injectors you get are going to depend on if you want to get a bigger oil system as well or stick with the stocker. I'd go two completely different directions depending on what you run for oil and what you plan to do with the truck.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Yeah you can keep EGTs down like that with stock injectors and with the probe in the down pipe!:doh:

If it's already got an aftermarket turbo it's probably a drop in like a GTP38R or a Turbonetics or equivilant. If you want something that is actually going to handle the 450-500hp range efficiently go for the H2E kit from Hypermax or give *** a call and get one of their turbos that mounts on the Hypermax mounting kit.
The injectors you get are going to depend on if you want to get a bigger oil system as well or stick with the stocker. I'd go two completely different directions depending on what you run for oil and what you plan to do with the truck.

467/1060... with a TN BB... And your injectors... :poke: LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no the turbo holds that much 450-500.. i want maybe 600hp?? whats streetable with a big single??

me getting a 6.7.. ya ok.. thats not happening.. the 6.7 is like the 6.0.. to many problems.

one buddy of mined saying those egt's are way to high

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
no the turbo holds that much 450-500.. i want maybe 600hp?? whats streetable with a big single??

me getting a 6.7.. ya ok.. thats not happening.. the 6.7 is like the 6.0.. to many problems.

one buddy of mined saying those egt's are way to high

For 600hp, your going to need Billet rods, a girtle, Big Hybrids or Bcodes, a Turbonetics T-70 or T-72 (my brand of choice for turbos!!! :thumb:) Dual HPOP's...

Not to mention studs, valve springs, push rods... Spray to do it easy if you want.

As far as the EGT's, 1100 is fine, you can cruise all day at 1250 and not hurt a thing other then your pocket book (due to fuel) This is hot...LOL

YouTube - 50# boost on Turbonetics Drop in

1 - 10 of 10 Posts