Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i was wondering if i need to get stage one injectors when i get a ts preformance six stage chip for my 97 f250 powerstroke.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
You don't need. To, but if you got the coin go ahead

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
If your lookin to save a lot and have the time a few people on here sent theirs out to rosewood for stage one rebuild, It's around the 600 mark, you send him yours and he sends them back to ya but bigger.otherwise your lookin anywhere from 11-1600 plus core charge

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
No problem and good luck, btw if your doing injectors you should look into a modded hpop aswell, because the factory 15* is barely able to keep up with my cali special 120cc stock injectors

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Stage II rosewoods for the win, son!

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
According to Joe (csipsd) there is NO supporting mods needed whatsoever to make stage II's work.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I'm gonna wager Joe knows his isht and that he isn't incorrect

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
I say get the supporting mods as a just incase thing then, don't just throw big power at something without supporting mods, its obviously not intelligent, but go for power yes, just make sure when you put power at anything you do it safely and reliably, obviously its not going to blow up installing stage 2's only, but it is asking for trouble with reliability issues when you don't put supporting mods with it. It's like running 7's in an 800hp car at the 1/4 mile but not wearing a helmet and having proper safety in place, sure you can do it, but is it smart?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I absolutely agree with supporting mods...I'm a huge proponent of supporting mods in-fact. I am pushing hp/tq numbers with my tdi with the stock turbo that people with big-turbo's are pushing merely because I took the time to do it right and did a TON of supporting mods.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
That's all cary is getting at, do the proper support mods instead of doing just sticks only. Just be smart, yes you can do them but in the end it will just break down faster, especially if you drive like a bat outta Hell

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Check out the other thread we have going on, Joe reassures that the truck will drive 100% great w/ stock everything and stage II's as long as you dont beat the isht outta it

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
What's the point in getting stage 2's if you don't beat the crap outta it, I read it first then commented here kause it was second. Still I say what's the point in 2's if your not gonna use them to the full potential, don't get em, I said before you can run them with no il effect, but if your not gonna do it correctly don't do it.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
You can use the stage II's, you just cant ravage the truck like you'd probably like to hehe

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
And now we all have an understanding, so you can you just shouldn't without supporting mods

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Perhaps thats a good way of putting it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts