Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am running a 2000 f350, with TS chip, 4in TB straight pipe, new stock turbo with whicked wheel gen 2 (the fancy $200+ one), 6637 air intake system, auto meter gauges (EGT, Trans Temp and Boost).

so here is the reason for my post. my truck has 193,000 miles on it and it is starting to become hard to start in morning and plooms white smoke out of exhaust when it finally fires. it also misses and sputters after starting at ideal and during normal operation. even when warm it misses or sputters.

so my thought is to replace injectors bc stock injector are good for around 200,000 miles. if i am mistaken please inform me. i have not had them buzz tested or anything, in process of trying to do that but i dont want to go to stealership.

i am looking at stage 3 hybrid injectors bc i heard they can run with a stock HPOP. is that correct. and if so what "CC" nozzel is best. or is stage 3 way out of question?
i plan on doing a fuel system in near future but one thing at a time.

it all boils down to......will stage 3 hybrid injectors run with stock fuel and stock HPOP for the time being?

but then i run into what injectors do i run. do i use industrial, DDP, BD, or Full Force, if yall suggest other companies to that will be helpful...... i am so lost in all the different cc's of injectors too. i am trying to figure it all out but i dont want to buy something that would not work with out $8454325674573845 in supporting mods just to install for first time.

any questions or ideas yall have will be helpful? and i mean ANY.

· Registered
6,170 Posts
Hybrids are a good injector, if you are prepared to make the nessasary mods to run them.

What is your HP goal?

What is your budget?

What do you use the truck for?

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i use it as a weekend play toy and to tow stuff with. i am not looking into making it a 500hp truck. just looking for injectors that would work with stock HPOP and stock fuel until i can upgrade fuel.
what is my best option?

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so I took the chip out, it seemed to make it better, but it still does it . Like 90% better so it only does it 10% as much as it did. And when I pulled out PCM, I could not tell whether the chipped moved during uninstall or whether it was shifted and not all the way in.(still connect, but not 100% contact) so I'll find out in morning if it starts better, also any one know if TS or any other company will test the chip to see if its bad? Or is it a lost cause????

so if that fixed the issue ill be saying for fuel system and HPOP and injectors. so now my limitations are engine internals, such as rods, pistons and other stuff like that, also transmission.

so i am looking to build the truck up to around 400HP. easy number to do, just basicly double trucks stock HP and/or Torque. you all tell me.....

· Registered
64 Posts
Ok so I took the chip out, it seemed to make it better, but it still does it . Like 90% better so it only does it 10% as much as it did. And when I pulled out PCM, I could not tell whether the chipped moved during uninstall or whether it was shifted and not all the way in.(still connect, but not 100% contact) so I'll find out in morning if it starts better, also any one know if TS or any other company will test the chip to see if its bad? Or is it a lost cause????

so if that fixed the issue ill be saying for fuel system and HPOP and injectors. so now my limitations are engine internals, such as rods, pistons and other stuff like that, also transmission.

so i am looking to build the truck up to around 400HP. easy number to do, just basicly double trucks stock HP and/or Torque. you all tell me.....
I have swamps stage 2 single shots 160/100% and A PHP Hydra with custom tunes(to replace my DP-Tuner) coming in. I also have a T500 Terminator Engineering HPOP Airdog 100 Fuel system beans diesel fuel sump ,6637 and MBRP 4in Turboback exhaust with a 8in MBRP black stack and tow almost everyday and have 305,767 miles on my 7.3. If you want to tow and have a little power without HPOP and fuel system upgrades. Stage 1 singles from swamps.full force and rosewood would be good. With my mods i'll be producing close to 425 RWHP with listed mods. If you want to make 400-425 RWHP you'll need stage 2's like me fuel system and HPOP and a custom tuned chip to run single shots.stages 1's will make 300-375 RWHP. If you plan to make 400+ RWHP youll need a built trans or a valve body.

· Registered
64 Posts

Also what year is your truck? mines is a late 1999 (1999.5) and have forged rods. If your is a 2001 or newer you might need rods if you make over 400 HP IIRC. Some PMR's motors makeover 425+ HP with no problems and some dont.

· Registered
6,170 Posts

Get a set of 230/100 hybrids from Performance Injection Systems...

www.performanceinjectionsystems.com

Call up and talk to Tim, you will not regreat it. When you get injectors from him they also can hook you up with tuning from No Limit which is some of the best tuning I have run bar none.

230/100's will work fine with your existing HPOP, they will work fine with a fully functioning stock fuel system...

I am also a huge fan of the AC injectors or 160/100's. They will also give you the results your looking for, just with less room to grow.

My wife has a set of AC's in her Excursion and its such a fun rig to drive. Gets 15-16mpg, dyno's 360hp...

· Registered
6,170 Posts
I have swamps stage 2 single shots 160/100% and A PHP Hydra with custom tunes(to replace my DP-Tuner) coming in. I also have a T500 Terminator Engineering HPOP Airdog 100 Fuel system beans diesel fuel sump ,6637 and MBRP 4in Turboback exhaust with a 8in MBRP black stack and tow almost everyday and have 305,767 miles on my 7.3. If you want to tow and have a little power without HPOP and fuel system upgrades. Stage 1 singles from swamps.full force and rosewood would be good. With my mods i'll be producing close to 425 RWHP with listed mods. If you want to make 400-425 RWHP you'll need stage 2's like me fuel system and HPOP and a custom tuned chip to run single shots.stages 1's will make 300-375 RWHP. If you plan to make 400+ RWHP youll need a built trans or a valve body.
You do not need an airdog to make over 400hp... In fact I would not recommend an airdog to anyone...

You also do NOT need an hpop upgrade to make over 400hp... I have made over 520hp on the stock HPOP. STOCK 17* 220,000 mile HPOP.

· Registered
6,170 Posts
Why do you think it went bad? They dont go bad...

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
one of my good buddies had a TS chip in his truck and it would not start..... he took it out ran great. his truck also ran with chip then just stopped.

BUT.... idk whats wrong with truck now. i took chip out to see if it made truck better but it still runs rough at ideal. it will sit there and ideal, then for a second it will miss, sputter, and rock truck then go back to normal then do it again in a few moments. when the chip was in the miss, sputter and rocking of truck was alot worse.

i posted a video of it, every time the camera rocks is when the truck acts up. it really faint but possible to here. and the tac wiggles around to.... idk some one tell me

· Registered
6,170 Posts
Let me clarify...

Chips don't go bad... They work, or they don't.

You have an underlying issue in the motor. The programing changes on the chip just change the sound of the issue, be it the ICP pressures, PW or MFD tables...

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Let me clarify...

Chips don't go bad... They work, or they don't.

You have an underlying issue in the motor. The programing changes on the chip just change the sound of the issue, be it the ICP pressures, PW or MFD tables...
you lost me on last line.
but yes i have an issue with my motor. as i said it ideals rough and rocks truck.
i believe it to be an injector issue. i may be wrong. thats why i am looking into injectors.

do you think it is the injectors are the problem or something else?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.