Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got injectors that I am guessing need replacing (see http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99-03-7-3-motor-problems/107229-cel-code-p1316-sounds-like-injector-misfiring.html), and I'd like to upgrade while I'm at it. Any suggestions?? I'm liking what I'm reading about the 238cc hybrids b/c I don't want to do a hpop upgrade, too. I realize that a new turbo is in the near future, but one thing at a time :).

I was reading about these jumbo shrimp 200cc hybrids that sounded good, but are alittle pricey. (Jumbo Shrimp 200cc Injector) I'm looking for alternatives, particularly a place where I could buy injectors/tuner/chip all together. I don't really want to spend more than $2000. I'm having to drive this truck with crappy injectors :doh::doh:, and I'd like to fix the rough ride ASAP. Thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Full Force Diesel i run his and you can call him and tell him tim sent you he will take care of you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking at this site earlier, thanks for the recomendation! I have a few questions though:

1. Since I have a manual, and some of the programer position adjust shift points, what positions should I go for? I was thinking stock, tow, econ, street, extreme and hi-idle?

2. Is there a big trade off between stage II single shots and hybrids? I don't want to start a big debate...but a little input would be appreciated.

Maybe I should just call Tony tomorrow... :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Full Force Diesel i run his and you can call him and tell him tim sent you he will take care of you
I checked out the site, and it looks good, but I didn't see any tuner/chips available...Thanks for the post, but I'm liking TDP so far..

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'd go with 238cc from Nate and tunes from Matt. The two "work together"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts