Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been driving my 03 6.0 very much this summer. When I do use it I have a definate miss for about the first 3 minutes I drive it. I figure I must have a couple of bad injectors. When I pull the codes a code comes up with injector 4 and 6 I believe. I am just going to replace all 8 though. I was thinking about sending the ficm away for a rebuild, doing the blue spring upgrade, is there anything else I need to replace? Any Gaskets/harnesses or anything? A long cold winter is coming up so I want to be ready. Also do I have to drain my oil to do the injectors?

Thank you

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Draining the oil will not help the HP oil rail keeps oil in it, seperate system. It will drain when you remove the HP oil rail.
I do recomend sucking the fuel off the top of the cylinder of the first injector you pull.
Most of the fuel in the fuel rail/passages will drain off into that cylinder.

One of those hand vacumpump brake bleeder works well for this along with a piece of brake line that will fit thru the injector tip hole. Bend a slight kick in the line about 3 inches from the end and angle that to the bottom side of the cylinder to get the most fuel out. Some folks say you no longer need to do that anymoore but id rather be safe than bending a rod if it were to hydrolock. Liquids do not compress any at all.

·
Registered
634 Posts
powerstroke welding rig, where do you live/work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts