Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you cant figure it out, i will help you out if you can get it to my shop north of Salina. Atleast that way you wouldnt be throwing random parts at it trying to fix the problem. I have a good scanner and plenty of spare parts. i think i even have a set of Inj O rings and Ipr o ring kits laying around, if not i can have them in 2 days.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Take the valve covers off and see if there is any oil coming out of the spouts on the injectors while cranking.
Took the valve covers off. No Oil coming out of the spouts. Also I held my hand over the injectors and i did not FEEL them clicking!?

If you cant figure it out, i will help you out if you can get it to my shop north of Salina. Atleast that way you wouldnt be throwing random parts at it trying to fix the problem. I have a good scanner and plenty of spare parts. i think i even have a set of Inj O rings and Ipr o ring kits laying around, if not i can have them in 2 days.
I would love to take you up on your offer, but I have no way of getting the truck there. :doh:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Took the valve covers off. No Oil coming out of the spouts. Also I held my hand over the injectors and i did not FEEL them clicking!?
What does this mean?

·
Registered
266 Posts
alright, if you can remeber what did the truck do the first time you cranked it, did it crank like it is in the video or did it lock up alittle and progressivley get smoother and smoother? the truck is cranking good and it seems like it should start right up, in the video your getting oil pressure about the same time i did when i was cranking mine with the new injectors, it took mine about 10 min to fire up. where are you located if your close enough and are still haveing the problem i may be able to come out and give you a hand with it

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Did you make sure all electronic components are plugged in?

·
Registered
266 Posts
yea i would double check all the electrical stuff, i know i unplugged a few wire harnesses when i did mine so i would double check all electrical stuff, if the problem keeps happening i cant think of anything eles to do but take the injectors out and send them to somone to rebuild them or atleast tare them apart and take alook at the insides, i may be able to take them apart and do it for you if you pay for the parts if they need them, if i were you i would send them into roosewoods, or even swamps diesel performance they are both great injector shops

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Yea I have been known to hurry to put a truck back together and forget to plug stuff in and then it wont start.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Video update:
YouTube - injector swap issues pt2

After i made this video i let my batteries charge and went back out to try it again. After cranking for a few min it started to act like it was going to fire up!!! Oil started spraying out of the injectors and getting all over my engine bay. I kept at it and it would kick but not fully start up, so I had to quit and let my batts charge again.

During letting the batteries charge I decided to take that time to put the valve covers and what not back on. So I let the batt charge and when I went to go try again my starter now just "CLICKS" So I think I fried my starter. I just pulled it off i'm going to have it checked.

So do you think with some more cranking it will start up!?!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
sounds like its doin more than before so i would say you should have a better chance, good luck, i hope ya get it runnin! your really gunna love the way the truck runs with stage 1's

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
UPDATE!

I got my new starter in today, then I refilled the HPOP. Went to start it, and on the second try I got it FIRED UP!!!

So I let it warm up while I went inside and got cleaned up. Then I went for a drive and drove it for 70 miles (mostly highway). After about 40 miles I started to get on it, it feels like the truck is down a cyl or two and a few seconds after I go WOT the CEL comes on (code 1211)

The truck still runs like crap now after 70miles of driving and still gets a CEL maybe 2sec after I go WOT.

I parked it and shut it off, 5min after I shut it off I went to try to restart it and it doesn't want to start!?!

....I haven't messed with it since trying to restart.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
...just went out to look at it again. I pulled the plug out of the HPOP it was full, so I replaced it then I tried to start it and it fired right up!?!

It still runs like it's down a cyl or two, and set off the CEL @ WOT.

·
Registered
392 Posts
UPDATE!

I got my new starter in today, then I refilled the HPOP. Went to start it, and on the second try I got it FIRED UP!!!

So I let it warm up while I went inside and got cleaned up. Then I went for a drive and drove it for 70 miles (mostly highway). After about 40 miles I started to get on it, it feels like the truck is down a cyl or two and a few seconds after I go WOT the CEL comes on (code 1211)

The truck still runs like crap now after 70miles of driving and still gets a CEL maybe 2sec after I go WOT.

I parked it and shut it off, 5min after I shut it off I went to try to restart it and it doesn't want to start!?!

....I haven't messed with it since trying to restart.
sounds like you may have a hotstart issue, did you replace the inj o rings or use the old ones? also how old are the o rings on your IPR?

G

·
pull the plug out of the ICP, if it has oil in it then the ICP is bad and will make for hard starts when warm... also when started an easy way to check to see if you have a bad injector is to feel the exhaust manifolds, the dead cyl will be cold (or cooler) than the ones that are working. it took my truck about 75-100 miles to get all the air out of the system and run smooth, but mine wasnt missing either... good luck

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.