21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
the video worked on my computer n hes still havin issues, jus cranks n cranks with no start, he did video the exhaust n there was a slight haze of smoke that came out when he was crankin, couldn't tell what color though due to bad sun glare

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
the video worked on my computer n hes still havin issues, jus cranks n cranks with no start, he did video the exhaust n there was a slight haze of smoke that came out when he was crankin, couldn't tell what color though due to bad sun glare
yep, since that video I haven't messed with it. It just cranks and cranks, doesn't even try to start. The Haze is light enough that I can't tell what color it is. I'm also working by myself so I can't have someone else crank while I look.

Could the internals of the injectors have rust from sitting a year? Would sitting cause them to stop working? I don't understand how ALL eight injectors can be bad. You would think it would at least TRY to start if only a couple were bad!?

·
Registered
99 Posts
On my non turbo diesel (1990) my wife ran out of fuel and wow was it a mofo trying to get it to start. I poor fuel down the throat of it to get it to turn over. I know turbo models dont, but maybe take the boot off the turbo to the manifold and put some diesel fuel down in there? It got mine to lite off.

If you do poor some down dont poor to much cause it will hydro lock the motor for a bit.

I would wait for some other guys input tho before pooring fuel in the intake, may have a different effect on turbo models?

Good Luck to you.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
On my non turbo diesel (1990) my wife ran out of fuel and wow was it a mofo trying to get it to start. I poor fuel down the throat of it to get it to turn over. I know turbo models dont, but maybe take the boot off the turbo to the manifold and put some diesel fuel down in there? It got mine to lite off.

If you do poor some down dont poor to much cause it will hydro lock the motor for a bit.

I would wait for some other guys input tho before pooring fuel in the intake, may have a different effect on turbo models?

Good Luck to you.
DO NOT POOR FUEL DOWN THE TURBO INTAKE!

·
Registered
392 Posts
yep, since that video I haven't messed with it. It just cranks and cranks, doesn't even try to start. The Haze is light enough that I can't tell what color it is. I'm also working by myself so I can't have someone else crank while I look.

Could the internals of the injectors have rust from sitting a year? Would sitting cause them to stop working? I don't understand how ALL eight injectors can be bad. You would think it would at least TRY to start if only a couple were bad!?
have you hooked up a scanner to buzz test the injectors, verified that you have high pressure oil, made sure all electrical connections are good, double checked IPR harness connection? we cant help you if you dont tell us what you've tried... just cranking w/o any diagnosis is wasting time. even if an injector or two for some reason is bad it should still atleast attempt to fire, i dont see all 8 being bad.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,721 Posts
Ya were is this guy if the updates. He has got my curiosity going!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
have you hooked up a scanner to buzz test the injectors, verified that you have high pressure oil, made sure all electrical connections are good, double checked IPR harness connection? we cant help you if you dont tell us what you've tried... just cranking w/o any diagnosis is wasting time. even if an injector or two for some reason is bad it should still atleast attempt to fire, i dont see all 8 being bad.
Ok here's more update. Checked electrical connectors, checked fuses, pulled one of the fuel lines coming out of the bowl, hooked up my obd2 scanner I pulled these codes: p0344, p0603, p1212. My scanner doesn't have a buzz test option, though I don't know how to do that either. I did put my ear on a screw driver on the valve cover and it sounds like the injectors are "buzzing" on cranking.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Oh also after doing some reading....

Prior to my Original post I had noticed I forgot to put the IPR valve wire back on. I put the wire on BEFORE I made my original post. Now when I was going through my wires YESTERDAY I noticed that the wire didn't seem like it was all the way on. So i pulled it off and inspected it and put it back on.

...I have no idea if it would cause me any problems or not, I just thought I would share that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Could my CPS sensor gone bad?

Also I forgot to add, The HPOP reservoir is full of oil.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
does your tach move when you crank? if it does then your cps works. Take the valve covers off and see if there is any oil coming out of the spouts on the injectors while cranking.
In his video i saw the tach move:thumb:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well just to be safe I changed the CPS. I replaced the glow plugs at the same time I did the injector swap.

I had a friend cranking the engine while I listen under the hood. i can hear "CLICKING" noises from under the valve cover. Tomorrow I'll take the valve covers off and see what I find.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.