Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my 2006 6.0 powerstroke has 1 or more sticky injectors and I was wondering if it would be worth it to send them somewhere to be made into a 155. The truck has 101K on it, so I am assuming thats the milage on injectors.

I was thinking on sending them somewhere to be made into 155's or just get 8 new ones. What does everyone think? If I should do 155's, who should I send them to?

Thanks!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nothing at all?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
If you're having injector stiction on your current injectors then sending them out to be "repaired" will not cure your problems with stiction. If you want to do 155's then Ryan Casserly at Full Force Diesel is the ONLY place to go. He uses "new" ford Remans to make all his injectors from.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you suggest getting "new" injectors?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
If you're going to bigger injectors, then, yes, I suggest you start with new injectors. Modifying "sticky" injectors won't cure your "sticky" problem, it will just make it worse.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It makes sense. Figured that would be the best route. Probably going to have to go with stock for now.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
you can get your sticky spool valves replaced and your injectors made into 155s for a reasonable price from Jesse Warren from Warren Diesel. Im having a set made right now from him for a customer. He is a great guy to talk to and he knows a ton about 6.0 injectors he could walk you threw it and tell you if it is worth it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could you direct me to him?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
It would be interesting to know what he does to "repair" the spool valves.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
you dont repair them they replace them and clean the rest of the injector. Ryan does the same thing when he goes over injectors. Ryan has replaced many spool valves for me for many diffrent makes of injectors.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much is Ryan? He only has prices for "new" 155's.

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
You cannot buy JUST spool valves. He may have replaced many spool valves for you but I promise you that they were not new spool valves. I am sure they were in good working order or he would not have used them.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
where did I say they were replaced with "new" spool valves. I said replace spool valves , nothing about them being new just that you can change them. I know you cant get new spool valves the only way to get new spool valves is to get a new injector.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Which is exactly why I recommended he go with "NEW" injectors. Because of the spool valves. Used spool valves on a 6.0 injector are a roll of the dice and why Ryan doesn't use anything but Motorcraft remans. which come with new spool valves. Not even Ford reman's the spool valves.

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
:popcorn2:

That's a pretty badass looking twin turbo you've got in your sig, 06powerstroke06. How's project Overbudget coming along? (Not to derail the thread or anything, I think we've established that you're gonna have to go with new injectors)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts