Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an early 99 7.3, and I am looking to buy my buddies 50hp modified injectors out of his 01 7.3. Will there be any problems with year changes or will they just swap right over without any modifications? I am asking because I have seen on some injector sites to specify which injectors you have AD, or AB etc..
Thanks

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
As (Kainers) said they'll work fine but will need custom tuning if there singles which I'm pretty sure they would be.

Man those injectors will really wake the ole 7.3 up

Good Luck on the install

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Your buddie should know. You can also ask him what tuning he runs, some times you can call the tuner and find out.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
That is a pretty good indication that they are split shots.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
injectors

Hey man,thay will fit right in.but is all ways a good thing to change the O-rings and check wires and use oil treatment/thick sh.. to coat them as thay go in. clean nozzels with wire brush and dont lose copper on nozzles.put alittle grease in back of copper so it dont fall as you put them in.pm me and I,ll help

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hey man,thay will fit right in.but is all ways a good thing to change the O-rings and check wires and use oil treatment/thick sh.. to coat them as thay go in. clean nozzels with wire brush and dont lose copper on nozzles.put alittle grease in back of copper so it dont fall as you put them in.pm me and I,ll help
He bought and put them in maybe 6 months ago, do I need to replace the o-rings? Are all the o-rings on the injectors? I will clean and oil them before I put them in.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
He bought and put them in maybe 6 months ago, do I need to replace the o-rings? Are all the o-rings on the injectors? I will clean and oil them before I put them in.

YOU MUST replace the o rings any time you pull an injector. Its the only way to do it right...

Single Shot Injectors

Good write up...

·
Registered
3 Posts
help

I have a 06 F-250 with 40,590 mils and i think I have a injector problem, because when i drive slow or when i take off it blow white smoke, I drive
my truck to work and pull the camper, i have not made any mode changes
I took it to the ford but they said they could not get it to smoke, so if somebody could help.:confused:

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Hushpuppy You should start your own thread about your issue but it could also be a turbo problem
And posting it in the 6.0 section might help some as well :doh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts