Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting in an injector my truck ran the same way....(after weeks of running it) found that the injector when first started would only just barely shoot oil out the port.Then when it warms up, would shoot oil like the rest of them.Then for some unexpected reason the injector will stop shooting again(when injector isnt shooting oil, the motor gets a skip....cause the injector isnt firing)...Heres the questions...when you get new injectors is this a common problem? Is it air build up?If its wiring how can you check things without a computer?When its running can you check for volts in the wires ?Or do they fire off of a ground signal?The wierd thing is that the truck was running like this before exact same way....except when it warms up it runs good..(that never happened before).So I'm assuming I guessed the right injector.Thanks :dunno:

·
Registered
317 Posts
It could be a bad UVCH or it could be an IDM module going bad or it could be a faulty injector even though it is new. It could also be a bad plug on the harness to that bank.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
I would check all the wiring first. It's the easiest thing to do. The valve cover harnesses tend to get faulty after a certain number of years.

Don't be poking around with the wiring bare-handed while the thing is running. Those injectors run on 100V of DC current. It'll tingle a little bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts