Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone can help me out with Fuel Pressure, read an article about not letting the FP drop below 45psi, I put in a guage- FP was at 52psi idle and 47 WOT, I found GDS who had the aftermarket springs for the regulator, changed it and now I'm running 100 psi at idle and about 68psi WOT. :thumb: My concern is that this is too much pressure, does any know the specs on a stock injector?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Whoa, those numbers are way high. 75 PSI Max, 45 PSI Minimum.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
That is very high for fuel pressure to the injectors.

Another thing to point out is that you have a difference of 42PSI..... that is a large drop.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
What aftermarket spring dude, thats way to high for stock injectors. Need to replace it with the stock update spring from Ford with 6.4 banjo bolts and be good.

·
Drivin the 6.mOney pit
1,659 Posts
What aftermarket spring dude, thats way to high for stock injectors. Need to replace it with the stock update spring from Ford with 6.4 banjo bolts and be good.
What he said ^....

I would get that thing out of there ASAP....put in the updated OEM spring/kit

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Here is the spring I found on-line, anyone else put this in????
GDS Fuel Spring :doh:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
too much FP and you blow the O-rings on the injectors, then you have a mess on your hands. big drop just shows where the limits of the rest of the systems are. prob reached max flow rate for the fuel pump. personally the 68 is high but not that high, the 100 is gonna cause problems pretty soon though.

·
RIP Mitch ! We miss you
11,966 Posts
That spring is really intended for the 7.3 not the 6.0. Get it out of there before you have to buy new injectors. Get the updated Ford Kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts