Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 with a newer ford reman long block with new turbo and a reman HPOP it was running ok in january and then it was hard to start one day was plugged in . got it running finally was ok a few days it did it again! . took it to dealer they said after haveing it 3 days it was ok started every time come and get it !. called me back 5min later it wont start:doh: they had it 4 more days every thing checked out ok but #8 inj O ring was leaking replaced it ran fine they said it looks like all of the O rings were sabotased and all were cut the whole shop agreed . now i have same thing happening now it will start up after you crank it a long time fires and runs ok i did notice a slight miss at 1050-1575 rpm then clears up at 1700 & up . shut it off and thats it i let it sit for 2 days and just looked for the hell of it took the pump resivor oil fill cap off ITS bone dry the whole out side of MTR is dry whould that mean another O ring may have when kaput ?::help1:.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would check your fuel filter and see if you have oil mixed into it. Mine did that not to long ago.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
There is a check valve between the low pressure pump and the HPOP, if it goes bad oil will not stay in the HPOP and cause extended cranks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts