Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so been getting oil in my fuel here recently at the extreme level, been getting at most 22 mpg lol. tested fuel and was black as hell when i started having sputtering on acceleration. (no oil left because of o rings) pulled it all apart and saw the pink o ring that seperates the fuel/oil was eaten up in 7 out of 8 injector holes? could it of been poor installation in the past? any input on this with others experiences would be great. i re installed all my injectors after re o ringin them at 10ft lbs per full force specs that i had found in a pinch. is that what yall put yours at?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess so, it was odd the pink o ring was eaten up in one area on each side almost eaten all the way through. how old they were i dont know, im sure likely originals at 310,000 miles. they were hurtin

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
make sure you use oem ford o rings not regular aftermarket ones. MANY people had to do the job twice because many of the cheaper brands failed sooner than later.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did use oem o rings, actually had international branded bags. as long as i get 3-4 years a set id be happy with that. i found out fast when mine went. literally ran itself out of oil lmao

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Its super common if they're not liberally lubricated for one to pinch/slide and get cut when inserting the injector. my 1999 7.3l has 21yr old o rings on its injectors still. Did you get a good look at the cups before re-installing the newly o-ringed injectors?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did! i actually used a big stanley screwdriver with a blue shop paper towel with carb cleaner on it to clean any junk out of the cups. it worked quite well, being careful not to scratch any of the brass. also took 15w40 in a cup and used it to put o rings on with plus doused them in oil before stabbing them in. went in quite easily. used hand to push them in and a mallet and a wooden dowel for the back cylinders. was an easy job tbh. running much better now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts