Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been having power issues with my truck. Taking nearly 40 seconds to hit 60 MPH going down hill and losing speed while going up hill. Started at bottom of hill at 50MPH and ended at 45MPH with WOT at the top of the hill. I had a friend of mine hook a computer up to it and he said my Oil pressure is running at 800psi with a full load on the truck. It should be at about 2000-2600psi while under a load correct? My buddy said it has to be the injector O-rings or the O-rings on the oil rails under the valve covers. Also it is a possibility of an IPR sensor? Is there anyway to figure out if it is an O-ring or IPR sensor? Or does anyone have another idea? I just don't want to rip this thing apart and find out that wasn't the problem. Please Help!!!

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
sounds like oil/fuel prob. do you have a scanner? could be the ipr..you need to read the duty cycle and what not..

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah my buddy hooked his $6500 scanner to it today and came up with the conclusion of O rings, but I wasn't around when he did it. All I know is my oil pressure it fine at idle, but at WOT its only pushing 800 psi on the scanner. I have been getting hard long cranking now. Sometimes I have to stop and try to restart it a second time.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
i dont think even the solus pro could tell you if the o-rings are bad.it should tell him though if the hpop is gone.the only way to tell if the o-rings are bad is to visually inspect.if the hpop psi is only puttin out 800 psi at wot then you deff have a earl prob dude.did he run a contribution test? buzz test? if that scanner is 6500 bucks then more than likley he can run those test. ask him to do all the test i mentioned.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately I wasn't around when he did all the tests so I'm not exactly sure what tests he ran. I'll ask him tomorrow and see what was done. He said the HPOP was fine, but somewhere in the engine I was looking oil pressure and he said it was most likely the o rings on the injectors or even the O ring on the High pressure oil rails. I'm not getting any codes at all from any scanner I put on the truck so that is where I'm getting thrown off. I figured if the truck has barely enough power to move down the road the check engine light would come on and pick up a problem. But nothing!!! haha

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Unfortunately I wasn't around when he did all the tests so I'm not exactly sure what tests he ran. I'll ask him tomorrow and see what was done. He said the HPOP was fine, but somewhere in the engine I was looking oil pressure and he said it was most likely the o rings on the injectors or even the O ring on the High pressure oil rails. I'm not getting any codes at all from any scanner I put on the truck so that is where I'm getting thrown off. I figured if the truck has barely enough power to move down the road the check engine light would come on and pick up a problem. But nothing!!! haha
no,if the oil rail o-rings were bad wouldnt they be leakin??now the inj o-rings could be at fault.its hard to diagnose over the computer.ask him to do all functianal test.is it smoking at all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check ICP

We had similar issues and come to find out we had an ICP (Injection Control Pressure) Sensor gone bad. $150... and 30 minutes later... problem solved! We checked the connector but it was in great condition!

·
Diesel is Power!!!
196 Posts
I may have the same problem. Hard start cold and won't restart after you shut it off and try to restart it when hot. ICP pressure 600 at idle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts