Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:confused:Hi, I have a 2000 f 450 that I just put new cups into, it would not start at first because it had some water in the tank, I dropped the tank,cleaned it out and checked everything in the tank. Now it starts up just fine but it seems to be running on only 7 cylinders, I have read about some people doing a "BUZZ" test, could someone explain what this is and any other way of determining which injector is not working?,would it help to put a strong dose of injector cleaner in and run for a while?. Any help would be appreciated..Bill

· Banned
4,755 Posts
:confused:Hi, I have a 2000 f 450 that I just put new cups into, it would not start at first because it had some water in the tank, I dropped the tank,cleaned it out and checked everything in the tank. Now it starts up just fine but it seems to be running on only 7 cylinders, I have read about some people doing a "BUZZ" test, could someone explain what this is and any other way of determining which injector is not working?,would it help to put a strong dose of injector cleaner in and run for a while?. Any help would be appreciated..Bill
To do a buzz test you need a diagnostic scanner that is capable... like a Snap-On or an Auto Enginuity w/ Ford Support.

Are you 100% sure that all the injectors were plugged back in? I would remove the valve covers and check the connections to the injectors themselves and the UVCH.

Also, if you didn't already, I would do the $.50 mod so you don't have to worry about the UVCH in the future. :thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.