Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When do these need to be rebuilt? I've got 290,000+ on my motor and will be pulling the injectors to install new o-rings. Thinking while I have them out maybe I should rebuild them too. What are the thoughts on that?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
may make a difference in my thinking , whats the reasons for replacing o-rings, there s not a certain mileage injectors have to be rebuilt , depends on if your having issues

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
may make a difference in my thinking , whats the reasons for replacing o-rings, there s not a certain mileage injectors have to be rebuilt , depends on if your having issues
Starting to blow white smoke, not all the time but enough. I think it's either the injector o-rings or turbo seal. I was going to do both. Thoughts?

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont see your issue being injector o-rings , when does this white smoke happen the most
Mainly when it is sitting at idle for a few minutes, then on acceleration it blows a bit of white smoke. I've been noticing it smoking just sitting at idle also. Seems after I drive it for a few miles it will go away, then if it sits and idles for a bit it comes back.

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
Mainly when it is sitting at idle for a few minutes, then on acceleration it blows a bit of white smoke. I've been noticing it smoking just sitting at idle also. Seems after I drive it for a few miles it will go away, then if it sits and idles for a bit it comes back.
sounds more turbo related to me , believe thats where id start

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds more turbo related to me , believe thats where id start
Okay. Any suggestions to make the job easier?
Thanks for all the info!

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just pulling the turbo and installing a rebuild kit isnt that bad , just take your time , no real secrets to doing the job
Easier to take the hood off? Is there a rebuild kit you recommend?

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no need to take hood off , ive installed several of the ones bought off ebay with no issues
Thanks for the info! I'll keep you updated. I'll do it after labor day. I have a WW on my turbo, do I have to replace that or can I re-use it?

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what is the average cost of a rebuild kit? I see a banks kit for around $160

1 - 15 of 15 Posts