Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made a cheap break away box to unplug injectors while running.( i can only do one side at a time, but it works) I have 3 new injectors 4,6 (from beans) and an AE reman from ford. I have some injector knocks and noises from the old injectors on the pass side but can live with it til I replace them.
The issue is, number 8 bangs and knocks like a broken flywheel. I can unplug 8 and it(major ticking, tack tack tack, goes away. I have 65 psi fuel pressure. I installed a riffraff return, to undo the dead end the fuel system.
My querstion is, since the hpop provides oil to both heads can failing injectors on the pass side cause the 8 cyl to knock? Sometimes on occasion, which makes no sense, I can unplug cyl 7 or 3 to stop the loud knocking. But know the motor is back to needing the 8 cyl unplugged.(mind of its own)
I removed my hpx line, to isolate one head from the other to try to pin point the issue.
This is a loud banging. I recently pulled out the motor and brought it to trucks unlimited and we found nothing broken in the motor.
So I guess, the major question is can say 2 injectors being worn on the pass side effect the sounds from the last one in the firing order on the other side?
Please shoot me some info.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is a wrather loud tik tick tick. Not usual noise. I am going to try one new alliant injector instead of remans. I know i removed my hpx over line and it got weorse.
I think hpop related(meaning oil side of injector.) Isf a new one wont fix it i may try a better hi perf hpop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts