Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time to install the fuel contamination kit and by the way found a new not reman
Kit for 3200. What im woundering is have any of you guys taken out your injectors without the tool they make. Or should i spend the hundo on it. Also any tips or tricks i should know for the install

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
No help on install tips but if the tool they make is only $100 I would go for it probably pay for itself within the first couple injectors I know there much simpler to get at then previous years especially if the EGR isn’t there. As far as install I would pull up some YouTube videos there is a few out there with detailed steps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used Clip Pliers to remove the injectors on my 6.4 - worked great.

My apprehension grew after reading countless 'How-To' forum posts and watching a dozen videos, but in my opinion the process is much easier than it's made out to be (maybe I just got lucky?!).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. I found the tool your talking about and im glad they have reviews. I was about to order 1 read the review and it broke off in the head causing a huge bill so i spent the extra for the made in usa one. Next weekend ill be doing the job so i will report back on how everthing went.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know i read in a post somewhere that you can program the iq numbers into the ecm with forscan. I have autoenguinty bit i havent found anywhere it the program to do it. Ive never used forscan tho

1 - 7 of 7 Posts