Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just picked up a 01 f350 powerstroke. trucks got 139,000. supposedly the trucks been sitting for quite sometime. had the truck towed home and fired it up. It smokes a lot (white and blue) and runs rough. I cant get the truck to go over 1500 rpm. Now i unplugged the ICP sensor just to see if it threw the check engine light on and it did. i then plugged it back in and no more check engine light. I had an extra valve cover harness kicking around and i threw that in just to see any difference but none. So my idea is to check the fuel filter tomorrow for oil to see if it needs injector o rings. My question is it common for injectors to be puking at a young age? is it common for the o rings to be bad at that age as well? Im going to try to get a scanner to do a buzz test and take it from there. What are symptoms of a stuck injector and or bad one? any other opinions on where to start?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
i'd change the oil and fuel filter. Did you remove both vc's, and check the UCVH connections for loose fitment? Also the EBPV could be sticking, giving the 1500rpm.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unfortunately i dont think its easy as changing the oil and fuel filter. im going to check the fuel filter for oil today and take it from there. I feel like if it were injector orings, the smoke would completely clear up once warm and it didnt. what else is odd is that no check engine light is being thrown. im sure it does have some stored codes though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going to pull the injectors today and see if i can find any bad orings or bad tips. when there out, is there anyway to tell if the injector itself is mechanically bad or something? truck failed contribution test for cylinder 1, 2, and 4. but passed the buzz test on all fine. uvc harness's are good. oil is good on level. fuel is good. I dont want to be throwing parts at it, (especially injectors). all the help would be appreciated. 130,000.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts