Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is your preferred injector cleaner???

·
Registered
143 Posts
The stuff wallmart sells. DS service in the gray bottle.Had the heads off 6.0 used it evey other fill up.top of pistions were clean.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
im running 2 cycle right now, gonna switch to some schaeffers stuff next for a try

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Power Clean
Diesel Kleen

·
Registered
267 Posts
Either Stanadyne or Diesel Kleen, depending on whether I make a trip to where they sell Stanadyne. Diesel Kleen is available at any Wally World.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I have been using Universal 2 cycle oil. Gave me 1mpg, and gives me peace of mind.

·
Lubrication Addict
236 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

·
Lubrication Addict
236 Posts
From the directions on the 1Gal Jug--> With #2 Diesel Fuel: Add SoyPower at the rate of 32oz per 100gal of diesel fuel. I pour in 10oz per 30 gal of fuel. I never let my tank drop below 1/2 tank. Or it would take a full days work, just to fill it.

I can honestly say I havent taken apart any of the fuel system to see how clean or unclean it is. But! I started using this product about 1yr and 1/2 ago. This truck had really bad maintance habits from the previous owner. After doing a major cleaning of the 7.3L with Auto-Rx and switching to a Name Brand 5W-40 synthetic-->{Which really quieted down the 7.3L and smoothed out the idle.} Then Going through 4 or 5 tankfulls of fuel with the Soypower the injectors seemed to quiet even more.

Now U have to understand this 7.3L was not well maintained at all. I knew what it sounded like before and after the 2 changes above. It's quite a remarkable change. Even the wife noticed the difference!!! That's shows that something did happen.

I didnt expect any change in MPG... Just clean well lubricated fuel system. And many have proved that any type of Bio additive seems to be the way to go. This product is the best of both worlds. I'm not promising anything... I just know what it did for my 7.3L. A well maintained diesel, you might not beable to feel or hear that much difference. But U will know that your fuel system is being cleaned and all those internal moving parts are being well lubricated. Which to me means a smoother running and quieter truck--> most importantly a longer lasting fuel pump and injectors. With good oil changing habits. Both work together.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
From the directions on the 1Gal Jug--> With #2 Diesel Fuel: Add SoyPower at the rate of 32oz per 100gal of diesel fuel. I pour in 10oz per 30 gal of fuel. I never let my tank drop below 1/2 tank. Or it would take a full days work, just to fill it.
yea im with ya on filling up often, i try not to get below a half tank as well, lately a 1/4 tank. Easy way to trick onself that fuel price isnt sooo bad:doh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts