Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having problem with truck not wanting to start up after it gets warm, hesitates on acceleration,and little white smoke now and then. took truck to dealer,and they pulled codes on injectors(p0261,p0264,p0267...po282) ALL 1-8 with a low circuit code and said everything from the fuel pump to the injectors looks good...please help with any info...

its an 2005 2WD 6.0L CC with 109,000 miles

also want to know about "REFLASH" dont know anything about it and wonder if that may help... PLEASE ELABORATE on both issues....

please help thanks!!!!!!!:dunno:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Did you also have code p0611 for FICM performance? Did the dealer look at the FICM voltage and verify that it's 48V (or close). You should first check the FICM to insure that it has the proper voltage and if not, repair or replace. If you replace the FICM with a new / re-manufactured one from the dealer, you will NEED to get the truck re-flashed to program the new FICM. It is also possible that you have a flash which puts too much strain on the FICM in which case you should get it re flashed to get that out of there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i asked for all codes the dealer pulled and they were all low circuit codes 1-8 injectors...

another question... i just had new batterys install 6-8 monthes ago way before any of this happened, could they cause a problem like this to happen?????like i say it starts up fine and when it gets warm its a problem then....

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Based on the information posted, your truck needs the FICM replaced to fix your issue, plain and simple. If the servicing tech at the dealer you brought it to, didn't catch on to this, it's time to bring it elsewhere.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks nylyon and m-chan68s...so with the info i have givin will solve the problem then that is what i will look forward to having done.

also, how much would a dealer charge for this?

could i do this my self at home with a new one?

where would be a good place to buy parts for items of this nature?

and thanks again for the help!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
If you get it replaced with a new one from the dealer, it will need to be programmed with Ford's IDS scan tool. Doing so, also automatically loads up the latest calibration into your PCM. This is the calibration that will trun on the wrench light, if it detects EOT exceed ECT by more than 15*F and set a P012F as well as set a P0234 turbo overboost if higher than commanded boost pressures are detected. Under both conditions, it will also derate fuel and engine output as a protective strategy to prevent further damage to the engine. This is only on '05 to '07 trucks, though.

At the my dealer, I charge three hours labour total to diagnose, replace and program a new FICM. Warranty times to do this job are pretty close to this. Hopefully, this gives you an idea of how much you will spend at the dealer closest to you. The part number for a new FICM from Ford is 4C3Z-12B599-ABRM. You may want to research this, to see where you can get the best price from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts