Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03 and 04 (early build) f250s both with 6.0 psd. the 03 injector buzz sounds much different than the 04. the 04 is slower and starts out slow and speeds up, while the 03 is very fast and strong sounding. i think theyre both running the same flash. just wondered why they sound so different. the 03 has been a great truck while the 04......not so much thanks:dunno:

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Possible reasons are low voltage due to weak batteries or a FICM headed south.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. i think im going to check ficm voltage myself. mechanic said it was good but i have two bad injectors. he knows what would happen if he told me the ficm was bad (id fix it myself).

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
If that doesn't do it throw a couple of bottles of Rev-X in the oil to free up the spool valves.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tech checked my ficm and said it checked out ok. im going to check it myself to make sure. been running oil additive for a while now. they start buzzing slow and speed up but still sound slow and weak to me. my 03 and my 2 friends 05 and 06 all sound the same, fast and strong.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
my 04 does the same thing but i got my ficm flashed at power hungry performance. he told me it was a strategy he uses.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
well its suppose to help warm the glow plugs and all quicker. mine kind of has a hard start now with the first crank of the day but after that its good. but yea the flash did help

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ford just flashed mine again. still sounds weak but it buzzs a little longer than it did. no hard start problems just dang skip when cold running me nuts lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts